McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SiLo

McLaren 2015 livery

I just want them to race in Papaya orange again. PLEASE
Felipe Baby!

Racer X

Re: McLaren MP4-30 Pre-launch Speculation

If McLaren do white and red it will look alot like a simple GP2 side even if they do something nice. However if they did something alot like Williams it would be very nice. Then again white and red is just so simple for a modern F1 team like Macca. So i hope they do go back to Orange thats just a hope tho. What are a more recent racing color scheme for Honda in other categories ?

I ask about other categories because the Barr Honda colors are not very stylish.... Its just too old school. then again RED and Crome would look cool. The problem it would be pretty much like the old Vodafone scheme and it would remind people alot about them and give themVodafone in a way free publicity. Thats probably why they kept the car Black and Chrome in testing with just a big SAP logo.. Instead of a big red HONDA or the H alone in RED...

So i do say look at other HONDA alternatives or go back to a McLaren color. AKA Orange by being Hondas flag --- works team like how RedBull is to Renault we all know they use Renault and all that but its not Ranault they simply are their main priority and RedBulls succes is Renaults success. As RedBull use their colors and stacked up wins in the last era.... Anyways having a Honda Engine in the car this alone as an Engine supplier would be great for the team i say let McLaren display its heritage. I want to see the the Orange come back.... Thats just a fans wishing tho......

This is likely

But i would prefer the car hanging on the wall.... It would be Off the WAll!!!!
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

scarbs

Might it be a return of "Earth dreams"

astracrazy

scarbs wrote:Might it be a return of "Earth dreams"
wasn't that looked upon as a bit of a failure by outsiders of f1? I'm sure I read that people thought it was a bit tongue in cheek considering how unfriendly f1 is to the environment.

I've said this in the mclaren team thread. It won't be the old marlboro colours for sure. It would be essentially free advertising for marlboro. So unless there is some secret sponsorship deal we don't know about, I doubt Ron would be handing out free advertising at a time when they are desperate for sponsors.

frosty125

As the RB10 had great aero In my opinion it will look like a development of this With McLaren livery and a 2015 nose. Image

mclaren111

Looks like a lot of "Honda Red" might be back :(

Mesteño

That is a fan video I think.

Manoah2u

mclaren111 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ym_Nh4 ... ilpage#t=4

Looks like a lot of "Honda Red" might be back :(
i really like that video minus Alonso in it. Not that i think there's anything wrong with Alonso - it's just that there is
no-one like Senna. And with Alonso filtered out, that's an awesome first 14 seconds of vid

apart from that, still hard to say anything about the livery.

It must be said though that i feel like we'll see a more colorfull car instead of the bland grey/chrome. I just can't imagine it being all grey again. It was just too boring [ and i really think the only thing making it worse was JB's pink helmet. please JB, move on and get that blue-red helmet back.]
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Th3GoodSon

Manoah2u wrote:It must be said though that i feel like we'll see a more colorfull car instead of the bland grey/chrome. I just can't imagine it being all grey again. It was just too boring [ and i really think the only thing making it worse was JB's pink helmet. please JB, move on and get that blue-red helmet back.]
I'm a little taken aback by that attitude Manoah2u - if he wants to keep a helmet as a memorial to his father, they key influence in his life as a racing driver, it's none of our business if we find it garish or a clashing. Telling him to 'move on' is well out of order. I loved his original design but if he wants to race in pink and white, let him. I'm sure he doesn't read these forums but how would you take it having someone telling you to 'move on' from the death of your parent because they don't like the colour?

Redragon

I think this image is giving some clues of livery and colours Image
official image printed at Marca http://www.marca.com/2015/01/03/motor/f ... 19132.html

Thunder

It's a Fan Made Image, nothing official. So no, every similarity to the finished Product will be pure luck.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Redragon

Thunders wrote:It's a Fan Made Image, nothing official. So no, every similarity to the finished Product will be pure luck.
Thank you for giving me a -1, others talked about livery speculations and didn't have any -1, next time will not share anything and will keep quiet, might no be official but was shared by Mclaren on twitter so it could be no far off, maybe pure luck let's see

Thunder

Calm down, it was not me voting you down. Maybe next time you should not call someone out without knowing if that certain someone did what you thought he did. :wink:

And for the Record, if your second Post gets downvoted it wasn't me too, although it would deserve one.
#aerogollum

Redragon

Thunders wrote:Calm down, it was not me voting you down. Maybe you should not call someone out without knowing if thatcertain someone did what you thought he did. :wink:

And for the Record, if yout second Post gets downvoted it wasn't me too.
my message was general no personal, thought it was a bit harsh to down vote because of a picture speculation or not. any way gained +2 now so thanks who ever was

Thunder

Then please when you make general statements don't use quotes.
#aerogollum