Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Ferraripilot

Re: Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

I think this is mostly a livery release as much of what will actually be the legaly 2015 car isn't even there.

Polemik
Polemik

@ astracrazy : OK, but even the new livery and new nose looks much better from Williams for me :roll:

Racer X

Helmets i know this is car talk but here are the helmets mods move sorry.. Preview i guess..

RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

FrukostScones

so it seems to be a 2014 car (air intake, side pods, illegally high front bulkhead) with a 2013 beam wing rear wing and a 2015 style fitted nose and new livery ... :|
Last edited by FrukostScones on 21 Jan 2015, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Bomber_Pilot

I expected a similar livery on the Mclaren.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

hands down the most beautifull car and livery for 2015, no doubt.
and indeed hoping for an unexpected beam wing in 2015 for force india where they'd found a loophole.
I don't think they will, i'd expect them to hide it untill the very last moment if they would.

Then again, they might incorporated the design alltogether and other teams might not be able to copy it,
without ruining their design / aero phylosophy.

Perhaps they won't be the sole beamwing participators though. lets see

here's hoping Force India is gonna score a Win or 2 this year =P~ [-o<
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

kakogohrena
kakogohrena

Italiano
Italiano

Noice.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Sevach
Sevach

michaelclarke wrote: Was thinking that too. Although I hope they found a magic loophole.
They wouldn't openly display their discovery in a show car if that was case.

With that said great livery =D>
Last edited by Sevach on 21 Jan 2015, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

Pilatus

Double post.

Please delete.
Last edited by Pilatus on 21 Jan 2015, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I hugely doubt they'd put that beam wing 'for show use only' if they weren't intending to have something similar for the actual race version. They could easily pick last year's rear wing, and knowing the rear wing needs adjustment to house the 2014+ monkeyseat which has been adapted to the central exhaust, i just can't imagine them doing all that work just for funs.
Even if it was an old spec rear wing of lets say pre-2013, then it still needed quite some work to fit this showmodel.

I think they're really gonna have this thing on the final product. Looks like the centre part of the beam wing 'stops' where the monkey seat is positioned. Could the beam wing be viewed as a part of the monkeyseat 'side walls' in a twist of rule loophole bending?

Mclaren made it possible to make their rear suspension a 'beamwing-imitating' part which was 'part' of the suspension structure so they got away with it.

Is it possible to maintain a similar philosohy in incorperating a 'beamwing' to the monkeyseat?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Pilatus

Manoah2u wrote: hands down the most beautifull car and livery for 2015, no doubt.
Sure it is.

For now, VJM08 is the only 2015 car. :D

astracrazy wrote: the only 2015 thing on this car is the nose, and even that could just be an early version

More likely that even FW is completely last season, only nose cone and pe**s-like add-on are 2015 spec.

Cascades, endplates, main plane, wing flaps.... all identical to VJM07 spec.

turbof1

The rules are clear on that: no bodywork outside 100mm of either sidee of the centreline between the endplates of the RW. Suspension is an exception to that. However, it's clear this isn't suspension.

If they did found such a loopholes, they probably not even run it during testing and just introduce it right beforz qualifying in Melbourne. It would yield a very significant advantage which they would want to hide from the competition as long as possible

Maybe they are hoping the competition wastes time on researching the possibility.
#AeroFrodo

tomazy
tomazy

I think I figured out what rear wing this is, and the conclusion?

It is the 2012 VJM05 rear wing :o

here is a pic for comparison:

All the slots are the same, the DRS actuator is the same, even the monkey seat is the same (and not legal for this years rules, as it is in the way of the exhaust gasses), not to mention the beam wing.

EDIT: and I think that the nose is from last year, with a different vanelty pannel.
Last edited by tomazy on 21 Jan 2015, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

kooleracer
kooleracer

SFI's Andy Green stated the #VJM08 will have a new rear suspension with "hydro-mechanical system replacing the torsion springs" #TechF1 #F1

Hopefully it won't get banned like FRIC get banned during the season.

Andy Green also said that they will introduce a big upgrade for the race in Spain. But any F1 teams releases an big update in Spain so not surprise their.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."