Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

This is the speculation thread about the 2015 car. Rumors, articles, ideas and fantasies about the car can be posted here. Once the car gets officially launched, this thread will be closed and discussion continues in the official thread.
#AeroFrodo

Racer X

Re: Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

I think they will develop the Aero a great deal better Force India stated basically that half way in the season they took the wrong path but figured out where they messed up. So they should be able to develop a really strong car when it comes to the Aero compared to the VJM07. Now remember how early on the Force India always seemed to have a very good packaging solution and the good cooling Im sure this will continue. This is specially good during the first few races of the season. Il also assume the chassis will get better over all i can see the whole car doing better. The drivers will have a better package including the fact they will have a car more developed for them as well. The only issue is will they do good on the nose part of the car..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Godius

One thing that they surely have to look at is the trend that Pirelli prefers to bring harder compounds to the tracks over the last couple of seasons, this trend nullified the advantage that Force India usually had with the less affected tyre degradation/wear.

WaikeCU

Come to think of FI, they have been surprisingly competitive throughout the years. What baffled me this season is that they didn't have FRIC on there car unlike other competitors they battled with. So I find it surprising that when FRIC got banned they really didn't move forward because of this. I think a lot has to do with the development race of other teams who are financially stronger than FI. Add to that material degradation at the end of the season could have led to a performance drop.

NAPI10

How much of a help Toyota Wind tunnel be for VJM08 development? or they can use it in 2015 only

multisync

NAPI10 wrote:How much of a help Toyota Wind tunnel be for VJM08 development? or they can use it in 2015 only
next years car model has already been running there for months.

The worry lies with the car itself which has a major problem and it's looking tight for Jerez

NAPI10

Major problem seems to be a good news rather then 'VJM08' ready for launch. It means, they are trying to do something different(just trying to give a positive spin...8).

multisync

NAPI10 wrote:Major problem seems to be a good news rather then 'VJM08' ready for launch. It means, they are trying to do something different(just trying to give a positive spin...8).
nope supplier side major cock up...

Racer X

Force India did great this year I just read about the wind tunnel this next car should be stronger sadly force Indian always looses its momentum down the road but I expect the first 6 races to be the best Chance for Checo and Hulk to fight for podiums.

History has shown us that as the season goes they will fade into the middle part of the midfield and from from the front part of the MidPack. So I hope Sergio and Nico get as many podiums early on..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

NAPI10

Seems to get competitive VJM08 at least in first half?
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117186

Sidhartha.techie

I think they should be really good in the upcoming season considering their race pace was really good, if they improve on one lap pace, they will tremendously improve their points tally
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

Harsha

Sidhartha.techie wrote:I think they should be really good in the upcoming season considering their race pace was really good, if they improve on one lap pace, they will tremendously improve their points tally
I honestly think they are so good on race pace because they focused setup on race more than Qualification and their Tire durable chassis helped them even more with that.

prince

They seem to have good strength overall in engineering, but badly in need of better budget. They always seem to bring a good car at the beginning of the season and the development freezes from middle of the season. Probably giving up on current season and putting focus on next. They have always remained a formidable player in the middle of the order and of course Merc engine has been of great help too.

Facts Only

I speculate that the VJM08 will be another solid midfield car and which will get them 6th or 7th in the constructors championship.... again.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

marcush.

FI did the sensible thing and produced a car which is relaible a bit on the safe side too much to be the top gun .This worked out very well for them with lots of excellent results not due to out and out max performance but making it to the checkered flag .I don´t think it was money that held them back but a too conservative approach in the general layout of their machine...But in essence they did their homework perfectly -bang for buck easily the team of the year even though Checko had too many trouble keeping the car out of trouble....and even hulk trying too hard when the speed of the car was not there to really compete.
I´d assume the team has a very clear view where the deficits of this years car lay and it should be a straight forward job to dig into the areas where performance was given away.
The question is more: how much improved is Ferrari,Mclaren and especially Lotus (with the same PU).So a step forward would come as a surprise.