2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
vorticism

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Maybe a lesson for the team; err on the side of getting penalized and push for a large enough gap regardless.
𓄀

vas_04614
vas_04614

Happy to confirm the car pace around Jeddah

mistake hopefully is one off and learn from it

PinkFloydPulse

I wonder if this could be appealed by AM... Yes, it was strategic from Merc, but FIA should have also seen it even better than Merc and did nothing until the end of the race... I mean, it happened on lap 18/50 ... I am 100% sure Alonso would have made up a 10 sec gap to Russel if he knew what was going on. Good thing at least was his last lap and 0.3 gap to Hamilton... But FIA is a joke, proper and utter joke... Silver lining: car is number 2 on merit pace wise... Epic jump from AM...
Team Fernando!

NAPI10
NAPI10

Disheartened by the penalty but what an amazing drive by Alonso. He is 3rd in my book & AM is the second fastest car......nothing can change that.

abhi1200
abhi1200

as per F1tv post race show its the rear Jackman u engage his jack on a car due to which Alonso given penalty.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... jJmmR.html
Last edited by abhi1200 on 19 Mar 2023, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Contrary to all experts & fans...Alonso thinks the race pace of the car is better than Bahrain, especially against Merc & Ferrari.

GoranF1
GoranF1

In a normal race,whitout silly penalties, whitout SC, AM is probably about 15 sec a race faster than Mercedes. And whit a customer 3-5hp weaker engine.
AUS is all about hard braking,traction ,bumps and high deg,all the things this car likes and Merc& Ferrari hate.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

NAPI10
NAPI10

GoranF1 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:33
In a normal race,whitout silly penalties, whitout SC, AM is probably about 15 sec a race faster than Mercedes. And whit a customer 3-5hp weaker engine.
AUS is all about hard braking,traction ,bumps and high deg,all the things this car likes and Merc& Ferrari hate.
Plus worst track for Redbull in terms of 'Luck' so exciting time ahead....I want Lance to step up in quali (avoid any error) and support Alonso.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Mercedes rather than making their own car faster is more keen on keeping others down like a crab in a bucket. They're a team in decline who lost all of their brains in the factory. Mercedes being 2nd in constructors by the middle of the season would actually be a negative for their own new "concept" with less windtunnel time.
These blips will happen in Aston because it's a young team and that's fine, they have built a monster of a car and have a monster of a driver in it. Only up from here, let's go!

Chanman141 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:08
Does anyone know what Strolls issue was yet? Hopefully it’s a one-off
According to de la Rosa, energy recovery.
Last edited by KimiRai on 19 Mar 2023, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

NAPI10 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:37
GoranF1 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:33
Plus worst track for Redbull in terms of 'Luck' so exciting time ahead....I
No that's just the bad luck in Melbourne associated with Australian drivers :lol:

I don't think Webber or Ricciardo finished more than a handful of races in Melbourne between them.

abhi1200
abhi1200

1998 british grand prix penalty dispute? so AM can appeal the penalty on this ground.

[1]Following the race a dispute arose surrounding the circumstances of Michael Schumacher being issued with and serving his penalty. [2] His team argued that the penalty should have been issued within 25 minutes of the incident but instead they were informed after 31 minutes. [3]They also argued that the hand-written notification was unclear as to which penalty was actually being issued: a stop-and-go, or a 10-second addition to Schumacher's race time, though the FIA's International Court of Appeal later clarified that it was the latter.[4] The stewards then decided to nevertheless apply the 10-second addition, post-race.[5] However, the added time penalty can only be used to punish an infraction in the last 12 laps of a Grand Prix, and so did not apply here.[6] The stewards eventually rescinded the penalty altogether.

A protest was lodged by McLaren-Mercedes who felt Ferrari cheated by not having Schumacher serve the penalty, but this was rejected by the FIA. At the hearing for the protest the International Court of Appeal confirmed that the stewards have made several mistakes in issuing a 10-second time penalty for an incident that happened outside of the last 12 laps of a race while exceeding the allowed time limit for the notification of a penalty having been issued. As a result of their mistakes, the three stewards involved handed in their licenses at an extraordinary meeting of the FIA World Council.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

I hope this can get appealed cause it was completely unfair for many reasons.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:44
Mercedes rather than making their own car faster is more keen on keeping others down like a crab in a bucket. They're a team in decline who lost all of their brains in the factory. Mercedes being 2nd in constructors by the middle of the season would actually be a negative for their own new "concept" with less windtunnel time.
These blips will happen in Aston because it's a young team and that's fine, they have built a monster of a car and have a monster of a driver in it. Only up from here, let's go!

Chanman141 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:08
Does anyone know what Strolls issue was yet? Hopefully it’s a one-off
According to de la Rosa, energy recovery.
This will not help temper the joke that Alonso's PU supplier becomes unreliable only after he joins :lol:

What terrible timing. Norris had issues in Bahrain.

Andi76
Andi76

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:16
I wonder if this could be appealed by AM... Yes, it was strategic from Merc, but FIA should have also seen it even better than Merc and did nothing until the end of the race... I mean, it happened on lap 18/50 ... I am 100% sure Alonso would have made up a 10 sec gap to Russel if he knew what was going on. Good thing at least was his last lap and 0.3 gap to Hamilton... But FIA is a joke, proper and utter joke... Silver lining: car is number 2 on merit pace wise... Epic jump from AM...
Yes, they are indeed questionable decisions. In 2022 a TD that almost destroys Ferrari's concept, but is perfect for Red Bull's concept, but that was last year - today a pacecar that was designed to help Verstappen. That the FIA did not see where the car is can only be a joke, because I have F1TV and could there you have access to all the onboards of the cars. I was able to switch into Stroll's car...on top of that every car has a GPS sensor that shows the position on the track. So the fact that the FIA didn't know where Stroll's car was, even though they have access to many more cameras, is completely unbelievable. To give Alonso a penalty after the race for something that happened on lap 18 is ridiculous. There should be a rule that such a penalty has to be given within 15 minutes. You can't just deprive a driver and a team of that opportunity. But again - it was to Mercedes' benefit, and here we come full circle - those who demanded a TD last year because they were unable to build a car that was drivable under these technical regulations...which then completely favored Red Bull and gave them a technical advantage of almost 1 year.... I'm usually not a fan of such conspiracy theories, but you can get the impression that the FIA favors or even helps Mercedes and Red Bull. And works against Ferrari. If you know that at the FIA there is one or the other who didn't part from Ferrari in a good way or who was treated by Ferrari in a way after they did so much good to this team - then you could even partly understand that...but finally - a conspiracy theory of which I don't say that it is true. But I throw it times in the room, the partly one can already come on the thought!

PinkFloydPulse

The safety car was complete shambles also, agree... I hope that the team, now knowing and confirming they are basically playing with the big guys, is aware every single part of on track operations, from preparation to pitstops needs to be on the highest possible level and standards... No mistakes like today... Hope the updates come soon and they become even more stronger on track! If they manage to beat RB at least once this year, somehow, by some magic, will be an epic David vs Goliath story :D
Team Fernando!