Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
edxferrari

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

f300v10 wrote:I can't be sure, but the floor seems different in the tire squirt area. I am comparing to testing, so this may have already raced:

http://img1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Fer ... 857578.jpg

to me is the same floor

f300v10
f300v10

edxferrari wrote: to me is the same floor
I agree, I think it was the angle that made me think it could be different.

edxferrari

f300v10 wrote:
edxferrari wrote: to me is the same floor
I agree, I think it was the angle that made me think it could be different.
it fooled me too like you , i was looking some back pages to look the gearbox that dont touch the floor, and noticed that the floor is the same no update for bahrain , and i dont think that will be any visible update for bahrain too spain will be the track when ferrari will bring all updates

SectorOne

Just_a_fan wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
Just goes to show how incredibly involved Vettel gets.
Hamilton did the same thing when he arrived at Mercedes... :wink:
Coulthard did the same thing at Red Bull with the steering wheel.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

f1316
f1316

aleks_ader wrote:
MarkedOne8 wrote:Retweeted Gianlu D'Alessandro (@Gianlu_DAle):
According to AMuS, Kimi & Seb will use their 2nd engine (ICE) this week in Bahrain - ‪#‎Ferrari‬ ‪#‎BahrainGp‬
Pretty logical to me. Because the 1st unit got throw power circuits as Malasia, China already. So the tokens allocation could be set somewhere in the "expected" and rumored mid season. Nothing radical to me. Actually this would be strange if Merc not do the same.
Wait though: whose to say some tokens are not being used for this second PU? Bahrain is the type of circuit where you would benefit from engine upgrades, so it's logical they would bring this upgrade forward from Barcelona (and perhaps revert to unit one in Monaco?)

Don't forget that the rumour was they tested a newer spec PU in Barcelona, so that upgrade has probably only required amending rather than full development (decreasing lead time); this might also explain why Kimi is so confident they will catch up.

GPR-A duplicate2

f1316 wrote:
aleks_ader wrote:
MarkedOne8 wrote:Retweeted Gianlu D'Alessandro (@Gianlu_DAle):
According to AMuS, Kimi & Seb will use their 2nd engine (ICE) this week in Bahrain - ‪#‎Ferrari‬ ‪#‎BahrainGp‬
Pretty logical to me. Because the 1st unit got throw power circuits as Malasia, China already. So the tokens allocation could be set somewhere in the "expected" and rumored mid season. Nothing radical to me. Actually this would be strange if Merc not do the same.
Wait though: whose to say some tokens are not being used for this second PU? Bahrain is the type of circuit where you would benefit from engine upgrades, so it's logical they would bring this upgrade forward from Barcelona (and perhaps revert to unit one in Monaco?)

Don't forget that the rumour was they tested a newer spec PU in Barcelona, so that upgrade has probably only required amending rather than full development (decreasing lead time); this might also explain why Kimi is so confident they will catch up.
Any changes to the PU implemented by the use of tokens, need homologation to use and once you homologate a new PU, you cannot use the older spec. The overall PU allocation for the season would still remain 4. If they discard the current PU, after 3 GPs and would get a new PU homologated to use from 4th GP, they are only left with 3 PUs for the rest of the season.

FrukostScones

AMUS:
Ferrari PU change because there might be damage to first ones, maybe cracks engine block

https://translate.google.de/translate?s ... t=&act=url

so 5th engine coming now?, with also Ferrari and Merc having problems apparently...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ringo

Ferrari using similar engine cover tail gills to mercedes:

For Sure!!

Blackout

I think the Merc gills join the floor and have a kinda 'S' or '?' shape while the Ferrari vae a classic 'c' shape.

Chene_Mostert

Just_a_fan wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
Just goes to show how incredibly involved Vettel gets.
Hamilton did the same thing when he arrived at Mercedes... :wink:
And Hamilton also redesigned the Mercedes cap. :wink:
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

edxferrari

seb is out of this session he said that car lost power lets see what that is going to hapend with te engine ? hope that they can fix it for fp2 and dont be forced to use a new engine (if they where using the 2 engine in bahrain and that blow after 3 or 4 laps that will be a huge shame )

and can some one explain this to me : if you use tokens on the 2 engine can you apply them to the 3rd and 4th engine or the engine is the same as the first engine that they used on the start of season

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

edxferrari wrote:and can some one explain this to me : if you use tokens on the 2 engine can you apply them to the 3rd and 4th engine or the engine is the same as the first engine that they used on the start of season
If the second engine uses tokens then any future engines will either have to be the same as the second or have to use more tokens to change that second engine's specification. They can't go back to the first engine's specification without spending tokens to revert changes made for the second engine.

Of course if they bring a changed third engine, that is then the engine they have to use or change using tokens. They'd not be able to revert back to the second engine without using tokens.

f300v10
f300v10

AMUS reporting that both Ferrari used power unit #2 in FP1. Seb's problem was not major as I believe he returned to the track. No word yet if PU#2 is the same spec as PU#1, or if some development tokens were used.

pastaracing
pastaracing

If they want to upgrade with tokens, I think they have to force Sauber to change engine too. They can't have two different spec homologated. As I can see, only Ferrari switched to the second engine, Sauber is still on their first engine.

giantfan10
giantfan10

pastaracing wrote:If they want to upgrade with tokens, I think they have to force Sauber to change engine too. They can't have two different spec homologated. As I can see, only Ferrari switched to the second engine, Sauber is still on their first engine.
uuugh these rules are some bull@#$% i'm not sure that youre right.... that doesnt make a whole lot of sense... it may be by team and not manufacturer ...anybody have a clarification on this?