My new F1 car - Code is life

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Code Is Life

My new F1 car - Code is life

Hello again,

Here is my new F1 car, not related in any way to the sword. I've taken into account some comments and changed it to Fennell Racing, Fennell being my surname (for the record). It's based on Red Bull, McLaren, Torro Rosso and a small bit of lotus. I'll be hoping to submit it into the F1 game 2012 season. If you want to request images of certain areas, just let me know, as you obviously can't get an idea of the whole car from this image.

Matthew.

N12ck

Re: My new F1 car

its the rebull rb6 isnt it?
Budding F1 Engineer

Code Is Life

Nope, it actually isn't. There are some new updates that I'm just about to post, not quite finished yet. :-| Do bear in mind that I spent a while just staring at their front wing looking for inspiration, but it's not the red bull. If I could prove it to you I'd be happy to do so.

Matthew.

gridwalker

Why is the image so dark?
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Code Is Life

O.K., here's the update, mainly for the front wing.

I've got a few elements of Mercedes, McLaren, Sauber, Renault etc. and am basically just trying to stuff as much as possible on to the small space that is the front wing. Just in answer to the post by N12ck, you may find me a bit strange, but I just love staring at aerodynamic F1 cars. I've got tonnes of pictures of all 12 cars out there as well as some from previous years. And for gridwalker's post, I've just kept the default Blender materials and world colours. Anyway, the screenshot:

wesley123

the only thing you have done is take the RB6 from the F1 2010 game, cut a part from the front wing and take the W01 front wing and cut the cascade from it, after that you placed tihs cascade element somehwere on the wing.

Doesnt matter though, I hate to say this but the rest of the f1game guys actually did the same thing.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

N12ck

Okay fair enough, can we see a side profile of the car please?
Many Thanks
N12ck
Budding F1 Engineer

Code Is Life

O.K., here's the side view. I've just changed a few small elements with the main bodywork. Sorry for the late reply:

N12ck

Its definatley an rb6 as a base, you may have changed parts on it, but its definatley an rb6 base car your working off, however if you want to develop a car, why not start with the best in the field :)
Budding F1 Engineer

Tozza Mazza

This car is not yours. It is the commercial and intellectual property of codemasters. You did not model it yourself. It takes many months to design and model an F1 car from scratch, and if you like it, I would advise you do this. Publishing something which is not yours as your own, is in a way a kind of fraud.

TM.

N12ck

I knew it was the redbull RB6 its exactley the redbull rb6 and no more, you did it with the renault on your last car, and youve done the same with this car, dont bother saying something is your own as people on this forum are not dumb,

if you want a car design ,, design it yourself!
Budding F1 Engineer

ringo

Well codemasters didn't do a good job of mimicking the Rb6. :lol:
I wont say why, but anyone who worked on the rb6 would know instantly. :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

Tozza Mazza

yeah, i mean, have you seen that front wing :lol:
And plus the wing doesn't flex in game, and the cars aren't updated throughout the season. scandalous.

ringo

I used to mess around with grand theft auto car models. It's fun to play Dr. Frankenstein with other peoples work. :lol:

It may well be the CM model, but i'm being straight faced when i say they didn't do a 100% job of the car. :)

It's acceptable and good work for an F1 game still.
Can't blame them though, as the game came out early in the season.
For Sure!!

wesley123

@Ringo; september isnt actually early in the season lol.

OT: I discussed this with Tozza Mazza too, about the fact that these f1game guys just use Codies game models and claim these as their own. I find this really disrespectful of guys like you to do so. These models, allthough arent perfect, are a pretty decent remodel of their real life counterparts. Makers took weeks into making these models and spend millions on doing so, and you guys just show a big finger to this and claim the model as your own. I understand that you take a base car, as a matter of fact my first model was based on another car too, and I do not see a problem with that, as long as you show respect to the makers by naming them as the makers of the starting point of your car.

And if you just want to try to get away with such thing, at least make sure that updates of your car are on the same quality level as the car you started with, but you failed to do so. This actually itself already proved that the car model wasnt yours.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender