RIP Marco Simoncelli

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Donuts

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Has anyone been watching todays Moto GP from Sepang Int. Circuit in Malaysia? Horrible accident! What is the latest status on Marco Simoncelli? The transmission on "Viasat Motor", the motorsport channel in Sweden ended without any usefull info.
Pray he survives!
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 23 Oct 2011, 19:33, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated title with appropriate reality :(
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

peterh
peterh

Re: Marco Simoncelli status

Sadly he didn't make it. Condolences to his family and friends.

sesku
sesku

RIP marco. crazy week for motorsport fan, two death in two week.
This letter is computer-generated ; no signature is required.

timbo
timbo

RIP

It's heartbreaking...

gridwalker
gridwalker

Jesus, I've never seen a helmet come off and go bouncing down the track like that. That was horrendous.

These are indeed dark days for motorsport : my thoughts are with his family.

RIP Marco.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Donuts

What a loss for Moto GP and motorsport. He was such a colourful character with so much promise for the future. I am very sad by this news, what a tradegy.

R.I.P. Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011
Last edited by Donuts on 23 Oct 2011, 15:06, edited 2 times in total.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Oh Jesus, what a great loss to the world of moto GP.

Im very very saddened to hear of his untimely demise. I will always remember him for his no nonsense overtaking attitude. A colourful guy, he will be missed by many bikers round the world for his quite visible heart in the sleeve nature.
Damn, Im actually lost for words....

Marco Simoncelli - Acta est fabula, plaudite! =D>

Aeternum vale
More could have been done.
David Purley

Vasco

Very sad day....such a young and talented rider.

RIP Marco.

Pierce89

Between Marco's and Dan's demise,this has been a very difficult period for me. I net Dan at a test at Barber Motosports Park. He was incredibly nice. He literally spent like 5 minutes out of his time to shoot the breeze with me and my father. Marco was by far the most exciting and colorful rider in MotoGP. Two great racing series have lost more than words could ever say. Marco and Dan I look foward to seeing you both again one day. RIP
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Carbon
Carbon

I was shocked to read about Marco's passing. Terribly sorry to hear the news. Thoughts extended to his family.

Ray

This is terrible! I don't have cable so I don't get to watch MotoGP live, but I woke up to this news. Such a sad day again for Motorsport. Wasn't a huge fan of his, obviously I pull for the American riders, but I like Marco for his no nonsense attitude. At least the next life will be chock full of talent to watch. This is the third death in one week for motorsport. Dan Wheldon, off road racer Rick Huseman and now Marco. Damn shame the good die young.

munudeges
munudeges

Goodness me, I haven't been paying too much attention to MotoGP as the season has panned out but this hit me like a bolt from the blue.

A tremendous loss to the sport. He was a great character and I was looking forward to seeing what he would achieve.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Marco was going to be Riders Champ one day, he was larger than life on and on track, whitch bucked the current mould on MotoGP. It was the uncompromising style that adhered him to me, he was crazy, mental and quick.

Hope his family is being helped thrugh this difficult time by God.

As for Colin and Vale who hit him, i hope they are also okay as it was a freak accedent.

Its 2 in a week for motorsport, we all need to bangether nad hepl one another thru it, 2 wheels and 4.

Safety is a constant puch, we must never stop, but we have seen that even on the most modren tracks 100% safety isnt a given.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

May Marco rest in peace.

I've come to enjoy his personality and performances over the past year and was looking forward to more consistent results from this crazy Italian.

By the footage I've seen, if Edwards and Rossi had been a few more seconds behind him they wouldn't have hit him and the accident wouldn't have been as bad... :(

And how Rossi managed to stay on the bike is incredible! He was side by side but bounce back on.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: RIP Marco Simoncelli

Very sad week for motorsport. My heart goes out to his friends & family. May Marco rest in peace. I hope Edwards isn't feeling too bad or guilty about the accident.