What you like in Formula One??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pompelmo
pompelmo

What you like in Formula One??

What do you like in F1? What is the reason you're a such a fan?'
Is it the glamour, speed, technology...

Mine is the the aerodynamics, because is absolutrely :shock: shocking what big of a deal does a litle ("unvisible") aerodynamic part to the air flow and for a stability of a car :shock: :shock:
I also like the atmosphere on a F1 track when i go to se a F1 weekend (especialy in Monza) and the Loudness of a screaming engine!!!

I like the lightening quick accelaration and the ridiculously short stopping distances.

I despise the aerodynamics. Aero is anti-racing. Why must a F1 car have only have optimum grip while in clean air? Bring back SLICKS. SLICKS for racing. All REAL racing cars have slicks. Does everybody want F1 time-trialing or F1 racing? As long as Aero is sooo important in F1 it will only be follow the leader and pass him while he's in the pits, BOOOOO.

akbar21881
akbar21881

I like the car and its technology especially aerodynamics,electronic and engine. Lack of overtaking nowadays doesn't really bother me as it can be watched in the lower class racing, but it is the breathtaking ability of the car to hug the tight racing line, taking the corner at the tremendous speed that really fascinate me.This is the results of being the pinacle of the technology( aero especially, so is the dynamic and electronic) and F1 represent the marriage of human+machine at its best.It has to be kept this way.

Scuderia-Russ
Scuderia-Russ

Coulthard's mrs! :twisted: hubba,hubba!

akbar21881 wrote:I like the car and its technology especially aerodynamics,electronic and engine. Lack of overtaking nowadays doesn't really bother me as it can be watched in the lower class racing, but it is the breathtaking ability of the car to hug the tight racing line, taking the corner at the tremendous speed that really fascinate me.This is the results of being the pinacle of the technology( aero especially, so is the dynamic and electronic) and F1 represent the marriage of human+machine at its best.It has to be kept this way.
I feel top technology and racing can go together. F1 doesn't have to be follow the leader there are many ways to improve the racing and keep the high technical side. The key is SLICKS. Aero downforce SUCKS, aero drag effieciency is acceptable.

effuno
effuno

it's the sheer speed and thrill . its true you cant feel it watching in tv but still.......... SPEED KILLS BUT THRILLS. who wouldn't want to be an f1 driver

West
West

Highest form of technology in motorsports. It's a shame not every team has access to them.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

uzael
uzael

I love it most when the cars are really nervous and really fast. Racing on the edge of control is always a nail-biter for me.
"I'll bring us through this. As always. I'll carry you - kicking and screaming - and in the end you'll thank me. "

Spencifer_Murphy

The technology...its facinating...especially the aerodynamics. Have you ever seen anything quite like an F1 car?

CART and URL dont count as they have all the aerodynamic properties of a block of flats....and F3000 (or GP2 as it is now) looks like a late 90's F1 car. F1 rules.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

West
West

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:The technology...its facinating...especially the aerodynamics. Have you ever seen anything quite like an F1 car?

CART and URL dont count as they have all the aerodynamic properties of a block of flats....and F3000 (or GP2 as it is now) looks like a late 90's F1 car. F1 rules.
Well, it's the rules that make it that way... besides it cuts the costs down and there's more overtaking
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

x
Last edited by DaveKillens on 02 Sep 2009, 05:25, edited 1 time in total.

sharkie17

lol... i love it when people come on here and ignore the subject of the thread and start a whole new topic.

i love the technology that goes into these cars...sure, lot of these technologies existed in aviation years back... who cares? you dont see B1 bomber doing a 300 kmph flying laps do you?