Bahrain G.P.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Scuderia_Russ

Bahrain G.P.

Did anyone go last year and if so what did you think? A friend of the family who isn't really into motor racing (always the way) knows someone who works for Shell and wants to know if she and her daughter want to go and watch the G.P. in hospitality. They asked if i wanted to go and are currently looking into flights etc. I've heared a few bad reports (facilities wise etc). One other important factor...what sort of weather are we talking about?! :) Cheers guys...Russ.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

How are the facilities bad? When watching Speed TV the facilities looked great beyond any other facility I've heard of (I dunno about China). Or did u mean hospitality?

West

sharkie17

bahrain has one of the best facilities or THE best facilities of all the F1 circuit. they dropped a load of cash on it and it shows...

i wish i could go... besides, you go there for the RACE, not facilities

Scuderia_Russ

I'm not talking about the track or the press centre,i'm sure they are great. But i'm sure i have read on other board sin the past people saying that away from the cameras it wasn't up to much, even some drivers said to be privately reporting that this was the case after last year.
-Henry Ford-

sharkie17

like i said, are u going there for the facilities or the race? :roll:

Scuderia_Russ

If i was going just for the race i would save £700 on a flight and hotel and go to Silverstone.
-Henry Ford-

sharkie17

there is your answer!! go to silverstone!

honestly, i cant go to a grand prix where i cant drink. but thats me.

Just wanted to write that I'm slightly biased .. but you'd be suprised how much flights / hotels will cost. 2 hours away and no jet lag...

The main point I wanted to make is that Bahrain is probably one of the most liberal places and you CAN DRINK !!!