McLaren looking Genuinely Fast This Year!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
KJM3
KJM3

McLaren looking Genuinely Fast This Year!!!

Last Winter, McLaren was fast in early winter testing but faded VERY quickly and had questionable reliability in late winter testing. This year though, they're car is beautiful and the MP4-20 looks like a SERIOUS contender.

It's been consistently fast so far and has shown good relative reliability.

With their sidepods looking so sleek, I'm sure the components have been very tightly packaged this year.

If Mercedes can keep up their end of the bargain (which I find doubtful), I think McLaren will be a serious contender this year.

What do you guys think?

- KJ

Mclaren11
Mclaren11

Well, Knock on wood, I hope they are genuinly quick this year. Last year they got there act togeather near the end of the season and had some momentum going into the off season. I think that Mercedes will come through with a wonderful engine, and hey two of the best racing drivers out there will hopefully be piloting the best car out there!!!!

Scuderia_Russ

Agreed. Friday testing will help their cause massively this year!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Spencifer_Murphy

yeah Friday testing should help them develop a car which SHOULD be good from the outset this time...if not they have a lot of explaining to to...
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

j4kwan
j4kwan

Their racer seems geniunely quick compared to last years winter testing...especially on all test circuits.

For the last years McLaren have looked fast in testing but have not been sucessfull in the season. The engine seemed stronger at the end of last year but they must make many changes to get twice distance. Have they new designers like McLaren have done on the car recently? They seem to make big progress with the MP4-19B. The 20 car should be faster but more reliable?

-shr3d-
-shr3d-

yeah the MP19 looked very good in testing last year, until everyone else brought out their 2004 cars then Mclaren knew straight away they were in trouble. All props to them for finishing the season so well and hopefully, now that they are fully settled into their new factory there will be less distractions for them.

doorboot
doorboot

McLaren have been building on an improving car this year, where as last year they worked of a concept car. I hope that they will show the sucsess that has been acosiated with them in the past. We will see in Australia how fast they really are.

"I'm the manager, I make decisions, I'm responsible for the defeat - not for the victories, for the defeats, so I'm responsible for that" Jose Mourinho