Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Nando
Nando

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

Red flow-wiz? I´ve seen grey before but never red.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Huntresa
Huntresa

Nando wrote:Red flow-wiz? I´ve seen grey before but never red.

I guess they wanna see where diff air goes. Air hitting that part of the car will move hat red flow wiz and you can easily see where it goes, not a dumb idea using diff colored flo wiz for diff parts of the car.

Nando
Nando

Yea i guess it´s that. I first thought it was because of the carbon, where the red would be more visible against the black (although that doesn´t make much sense i guess since the grey/blue paint is brighter)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Bomber_Pilot

Nando wrote:Yea i guess it´s that. I first thought it was because of the carbon, where the red would be more visible against the black (although that doesn´t make much sense i guess since the grey/blue paint is brighter)
It's been done before, using three different colours. And i believe that the paint Mclaren are using on that pic is UV paint.

stefan_
stefan_

USA

We'll see Verizon on the car for this GP

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Holm86

On the top picture if you look at the lower parts of the picture. It looks like three sidepod openings. But theres i slit in them. I know they have run slits above the sidepod opening before. But have they run it at the same time as the flow conditioner around the sidepod opening??

beelsebob
beelsebob

Holm86 wrote:On the top picture if you look at the lower parts of the picture. It looks like three sidepod openings. But theres i slit in them. I know they have run slits above the sidepod opening before. But have they run it at the same time as the flow conditioner around the sidepod opening??
Who knows... the flow conditioner covers it up... My bet is it's been there all along.

Huntresa
Huntresa

Last pic shows that wing they tested in Abu Dhabi Young Drivers, with just the outside cascades left like Lotus runs.

Kiril Varbanov

Huntresa wrote:Last pic shows that wing they tested in Abu Dhabi Young Drivers, with just the outside cascades left like Lotus runs.
Indeed, looks like the wing will made its way onto the GP, Jonathan Neale confirmed it, too. This should also mean that they are happy with the results from the test, I suppose.

Coefficient
Coefficient

Kiril Varbanov wrote:
Huntresa wrote:Last pic shows that wing they tested in Abu Dhabi Young Drivers, with just the outside cascades left like Lotus runs.
Indeed, looks like the wing will made its way onto the GP, Jonathan Neale confirmed it, too. This should also mean that they are happy with the results from the test, I suppose.
I wonder if its bendy.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

Trocola
Trocola

Is the nose new? Looks like the original design of the nose, not the one used since Barcelona (IIRC)

Trocola

westech
westech

Indeed looks like the old nose, but again we need to get more pictures if any one can post more.

Joie de vivre

it's the same used in abudhabi

gray41

Slightly better view of the new front wing.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985