mp4-20 engine

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
pyry
pyry

mp4-20 engine

are there any pictures of the new engine or gearbox, i understand mclaren have been quite secretive during the testing sessions of having pictures taken without the engine cover/rear end dismantled. might also give a tip on the speculation of getting the cf gearbox working
four rings to rule them all

bernard
bernard

Re: mp4-20 engine

pyry wrote:are there any pictures of the new engine or gearbox, i understand mclaren have been quite secretive during the testing sessions of having pictures taken without the engine cover/rear end dismantled. might also give a tip on the speculation of getting the cf gearbox working
I very much doubt it. Secretive is mclaren's other name. Crap has been their third one for the last year or so.
Anyways, I saw some video footage of the tests, but the teams had a kind of curtain they only opened to let the cars in or out on the track. (I actually thought the FIA regulations about testing prohibited this if there are more than one team testing on circuit, but I'm too lazy to look that up.)

pyry
pyry

http://www.formula-one.net/pics05/velke/02-03-2b.jpg
only picture ive found so far, damn the focus
four rings to rule them all

sharkie17

Re: mp4-20 engine

bernard wrote: ...Crap has been their third one for the last year or so.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bernard
bernard

pyry wrote:http://www.formula-one.net/pics05/velke/02-03-2b.jpg
only picture ive found so far, damn the focus
It looks carbon, probably even is, but it's almost impossible to say with the blurry focus. I just reinstalled windows so I haven't warezed even half my software back, including photoshop, so I can't even try to fiddle with it yet. Any other opinions, anyone? I say it's carbon.

bernard
bernard

5, 4, 3, 2, 1, ... :shock:

bernard
bernard

300 posts! Congratulations me! :lol:

I'm actually the nr.4 poster here, with west ahead of me with 304 posts. Lookout west, that third place is mine. I've always wanted to make it to the podium.

ste390
ste390

hi guys, im new here so be gentle.

Found this topic and thought some pictures I took from the pitlane at Imola this year. There a bit fuzzy due to high zooming in and the garages were dark whilst it was really bright and sunny outside ( plus hand shaking ;))

Iv got some more but im not allowed to show them to you ( at the teams discresion)

Ste[/img]

ste390
ste390

These pics are ony 25% of original

mep

ey ste390 do you have any more pictures of the mclaren?
can you post them?
Maybe of the rear suspension, diffuser?

scarbs
scarbs

ste390
Wow great pictures, I'd love to see the higher resolution versions (and any others..?) could you email me?

thanks

Scarbs@scarbsf1.com....

mep

I thought you would maybe show them on the forum so everybody can see them. If not so please mail them to me
manuel_gr@gmx.de

I'm mainly interested in McLaren pictures.

Lauda
Lauda

it should be possible to get a clear picture of the MP4/20 engine!

manchild
manchild