Whats wrong with JV

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jaslfc
jaslfc

Whats wrong with JV

Hey guys.. i've been reading alot bout jv's performance in the australian gp and seeing that he is lapping close to a second slower compared to massaimm just wondering what is wrong with him? Honestly when he first came into formula one he was one of the fastest races there and now.. he is probly the slowest in the field!!
What do u guys think is cause of it?
AND PLS DONT SAY THE TYRES!!!!

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

I read somewhere that he is quite unhappy with the Sauber braking system....it doesn't give him the sense of the car slowing down (these are more or less his words).....

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

x
Last edited by DaveKillens on 02 Sep 2009, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.

jaslfc
jaslfc

Yah man.. im also 'was' a fan of JV when he first came over to formula 1 .. i think if im not mistaken until button he was consistently outpacing his teammate(exclude 96). I think he was too greedy for money and BAR was his downfall. I think he should up his pace.. seing that bmw wants to join sauber.. who knows if he performs he might get a fast car again!!

sharkie17

whats wrong with JV?

hmm... he sucks?

West
West

BAR took the edge off him.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

wrk

one would think not, but maybe he's past his use by date..........
gentlemen start your engines......

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

West wrote:BAR took the edge off him.
Well this could be true...the Pollack years at BAR JV had his seat more or less garantied so he didn't really have to perform that well cause his salary was garantied and so was his seat!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

x
Last edited by DaveKillens on 02 Sep 2009, 13:52, edited 1 time in total.

West
West

Well if you went from a good car to a sh*tty car, that kinda takes away your skill, I believe. He went from Williams to BAR from 1999-2003, so that's five years of not performing at ur best. I'm not really a JV fan, but I can see that as the only reason why he sucks right now.

I only really like him because he was successful in American racing before.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

More likely that is that his limited running in the Sauber is affecting his performance.

/ Fx

Scuderia_Russ

I agree with most of the suggestions above...apart from the one claiming that Villeneuve "sucks". Add to this the new rules probably being the worst possible as far as Villeneuve's driving style is concerned (mega late braker, aggressive corner entry) then you have a recipe for a tough season. I hope he pulls it together though i really do...alot of people slate him for speaking his mind but i love the guy for it. He does seem to have a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way though!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Hudsonhawk
Hudsonhawk

sharkie17 Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:16 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whats wrong with JV?

hmm... he sucks?
He may.....but you swallow !!

Give him time......he will outpace his team mate. Its obvious that F1 commands 90%+ from the car and 10% (if that) from the driver. Pffft....look at the turn around in some teams from last year to this year. You only have to look at the where the "great" shytemaker is so far !!! JV is as rusty as his car....but there is more time in JV then there is in the car. His speed alone will not propel the team anywhere near the top ten!!!

jaslfc
jaslfc

hey guys
Do you think that jv improved in his race pace... Minus the spin i think he is closing the gap to massa.. what do u think?

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

I think he was never that good to start with:

96 - Nearly beat Hill... big deal - Hill was the ultimate in right place, right time
97 - Nearly threw away WDC in the dominant car of the field
98 - Probably his best year in F1... got some decent performances out of the williams
99 - First of the BAR years... some reasonable quali performances but finished nowhere - zonta was crap so cannot be compared
00 - Ditto the above
01 - same old, same old - only it was the journeyman panis (never the same driver after breaking his legs in Montreal '97) - by the way, zonta raced at least once (maybe twice?) for jordan this year - trulli outqualified him by 2 seconds at Hockenheim (I think - memory rusty though)
02 - same as before, nothing special
03 - Beaten by Button
04 - AWOL
05 - Currently getting shown the way home by Massa, who has previously been stuffed by Heidfield and Fisichella

So in my view, he is a reasonable/poor driver who has just got worse over time (certainly since 98)