2012 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Guisson

Re: 2012 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa

If It was a "Cr@p" car then it would never have won , and never got a pole
They just need to improve the car and find those 0.5s , the best example is Ferrari who was 1.5s off the pace at the start of the season but is back now on the front row
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

NathanOlder

Neno wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:who's il ? whats he going to give me ?

Lotus have looked awsome in the hot races, as everyone has been saying already. Spa is NOT going to be hot. It may be sunny but not hot. So i would say Lotus wont have an advantage like they did in Hungary & Bahrain. Even then they couldnt win
you had this season 7 races in normal or cold condition, only race in what they didnt be good was china (and it was because LOUSY strategy). maleysia was good, they didnt be worse then any other top team, only strategy call when make pitstops was again LOUSY, in china they were solid and good (it would be podium if tyers didnt cancel), hockenhaim was not hot, rain falled day before and they were at least fast like top team (only because they started from bad positions in qualy they didnt raced for podium), just because 3 hot races, dose not mean they will SUCK in normal conditions. :roll: lotus dose not need advantage of hot races for podiums or wins, they need only consistant weekend without not predictable weather (under this mean sunny free practice, rain in qualy, hot in race...)
Hockenheim ???? And Lotus nearly won ? No. The best races Lotus had, and races they were anywhere NEAR winning were HOT!
Bahrain, Valencia, Hungary. So to me that says they run better in the hot, as they seem to get more from the tyres giving them an advantage. Spa wont be hot so Lotus wont get their longer tyre life advantage.

Mclaren or Ferrari for me.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Neno
Neno

NathanOlder wrote:
Neno wrote:

Lotus have looked awsome in the hot races, as everyone has been saying already. Spa is NOT going to be hot. It may be sunny but not hot. So i would say Lotus wont have an advantage like they did in Hungary & Bahrain. Even then they couldnt win
you had this season 7 races in normal or cold condition, only race in what they didnt be good was china (and it was because LOUSY strategy). maleysia was good, they didnt be worse then any other top team, only strategy call when make pitstops was again LOUSY, in china they were solid and good (it would be podium if tyers didnt cancel), hockenhaim was not hot, rain falled day before and they were at least fast like top team (only because they started from bad positions in qualy they didnt raced for podium), just because 3 hot races, dose not mean they will SUCK in normal conditions. :roll: lotus dose not need advantage of hot races for podiums or wins, they need only consistant weekend without not predictable weather (under this mean sunny free practice, rain in qualy, hot in race...)
Hockenheim ???? And Lotus nearly won ? No. The best races Lotus had, and races they were anywhere NEAR winning were HOT!
Bahrain, Valencia, Hungary. So to me that says they run better in the hot, as they seem to get more from the tyres giving them an advantage. Spa wont be hot so Lotus wont get their longer tyre life advantage.

all i can say on your post is "............" and little more of "......."

Ral
Ral

NathanOlder wrote:
Neno wrote:

I don't think Neno was saying Lotus nearly won in Hockenheim, merely that Kimi was keeping pace with the front runners, even though of course by that time he was 10 seconds back on the road. I don't think on the day, he was the fastest per se, but if he had been at the front, as Hamilton showed in Hungary, you don't necessarily need the fastest car, just one that's fast enough in the right places.

/Le shrug. You are entitled to your opinion that Lotus won't stand a chance, but Alan Permane is confident they can keep up in any conditions.

zyphro
zyphro

I've always wondered this: why is Kimi regarded as the "King of Spa"? I mean, he hasn't won there the most amount of times: Schumacher's won there 6 times. Should've been 7 really, if not for that useless git that is; DC :twisted: :P .

siskue2005

Should have been 8 wins out of 13 races if you not count the sham of 1994 race
That's some incredible record

Byronrhys

Mercedes, Sauber and Mclaren race to lose.

siskue2005

is this Spa GP thread or some fanboy schinanegens thread :?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I'll repeat myself...
mx_tifoso wrote:Fanboy ying yang posts have been moved to the appropriately name thread in the Off Topic. Cheers!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

I want to see Raikkonen to win.

zyphro
zyphro

Byronrhys wrote:Mercedes, Sauber and Mclaren race to lose.
What have you based your opinion on?

Nando
Nando

zyphro wrote:
Does it really matter? :)

Might as well go with Senna winning the next race looking at how unpredictable this season is.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

beelsebob
beelsebob

Nando wrote:
zyphro wrote:
Does it really matter? :)

Might as well go with Senna winning the next race looking at how unpredictable this season is.
I don't really get why people are saying this season is so unpredictable. It's entirely possible to make any number of reasonable predictions based on past evidence:
1) Williams have been strong at high aero circuits, but not so strong at high speed ones, so they might be somewhere mid-pack here.
2) Lotus have only been strong at hot tracks, so they're unlikely to do better than 4th or 5th here unless their upgrades are big
3) McLaren's pace with their new car has been astonishing, if it's dry they'll almost certainly be on pole, they may even manage to fend off the chasing pack for the race.
4) Red Bull's pace has been mediocre at cool/high downforce tracks, so don't expect them that high up.
5) Ferrari have been very quick at aero circuits, expect them to be up with the McLarens, and quickest if it's wet.

Sure, I can't tell you exactly who's going to win today, but I can make a whole load of reasonable predictions of the relative pace of the cars.

Nando
Nando

beelsebob wrote:I don't really get why people are saying this season is so unpredictable. It's entirely possible to make any number of reasonable predictions based on past evidence:
1) Williams have been strong at high aero circuits, but not so strong at high speed ones, so they might be somewhere mid-pack here.
2) Lotus have only been strong at hot tracks, so they're unlikely to do better than 4th or 5th here unless their upgrades are big
3) McLaren's pace with their new car has been astonishing, if it's dry they'll almost certainly be on pole, they may even manage to fend off the chasing pack for the race.
4) Red Bull's pace has been mediocre at cool/high downforce tracks, so don't expect them that high up.
5) Ferrari have been very quick at aero circuits, expect them to be up with the McLarens, and quickest if it's wet.

Sure, I can't tell you exactly who's going to win today, but I can make a whole load of reasonable predictions of the relative pace of the cars.
It´s easy to be after smart. Nobody, not a single person on this planet expected Williams to fight for poles and wins in Spain.

The performances of all cars has gone up and down sometimes.
You can´t for example say that Mclaren will be competitive on full wets as they have shown two completely different results on two different tracks.

You can´t really go by the above and expect to use it as a blueprint for what´s to come.
It doesnt include future updates as well.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

beelsebob
beelsebob

Nando wrote:
beelsebob wrote:I don't really get why people are saying this season is so unpredictable. It's entirely possible to make any number of reasonable predictions based on past evidence:

It´s easy to be after smart. Nobody, not a single person on this planet expected Williams to fight for poles and wins in Spain.
Yes it is – that's my point... We've had some races, now we can be smart about predicting what might happen at future ones.
The performances of all cars has gone up and down sometimes.
Yes it has – when has it gone up and down, in what conditions has it worked? Do these map onto the conditions we'll see at Spa, what does that say about how fast the team will be there?
You can´t for example say that Mclaren will be competitive on full wets as they have shown two completely different results on two different tracks.
Agreed, McLaren's wet pace is a mystery, we can't predict that, that doesn't mean we can't predict anything.
You can´t really go by the above and expect to use it as a blueprint for what´s to come.
It doesnt include future updates as well.
You certainly can get *some* information out of it. Clearly it won't predict an exact result, that doesn't mean you can't make general predictions like "McLaren should be quick here", "Ferrari should do okay here", or "Lotus won't run well here unless their new upgrade is sensational".