AlpineF1's 3D F1 car

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
AlpineF1

AlpineF1's 3D F1 car

Yup thats right after the demise of FS i thought i may as well show you the car i was working on. I've brought the project back to life this weekend for fun note the Front wing has been deleted as it was only for show. It has the most basic diffuser ever i ditched the shark fin engine cover and smoothened out my bodywork thanks to endless push/pull follow me work :lol: and i actually have wheels now, here it is
Its unlikely i will post many updates unless people like it.
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

wesley123

Re: AlpineF1's 3D F1 car

looks really neat! Would love to see some more shots of it!
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

AlpineF1

Oh thanks mate!! yes just give me a sec wont have a fw in the next pictures though
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Right new front wing nothing fancy as i dont need it to be the diffuser is less basic than it was and it flies the F1technical colours
thanks Cameron
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Next updates shall include:
Flow conditioners
(maybe) revised endplates
Lower front wing
(maybe) better diffuser
This update may take a while as i am behind on coursework so i have to complete it at home
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

wesley123

really nice and clean design mate! love it!

AlpineF1

Thanks mate means alot you like it, especially with you having one of the best looking cars on the forum :D
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

astracrazy

really good mate, you gonna enter kvr challenge?

AlpineF1

Thanks!! i'm not sure the car doesn't meet the regs and still needs updating i would definitely like too but if i do enter it wont be anytime soon :)
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Some rendered images coming soon, they wont be any good because i cant render ](*,) it takes ages but it looks good.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Here we are
More are coming
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

Just a small diffuser change the car is aligned fine the picture however,isnt :lol:
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

AlpineF1

New paintjob wheels are chrome btw not light blue :D
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

wesley123

The end plates on the inside of the front wing are a wrong way to go imo. They send all the air over the front wing towards the front wheel. I would either move the end plate further outboard, or remove it for regular wingtips