F1 fails the Public

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Carbon
Carbon

F1 fails the Public

In one fell swoop, what F1 has been trying to do - break into the American market - it has undone with just one race. How can this happen? An absolute fiasco for everyone - not just the FIA and Michelin - everyone involved with F1. I am outraged, and am really questioning why I even bother to follow F1. This should NOT happen to a sport that is supposedly the pinnacle of motorsport, a sport that reportedly spends close to $1.5b (collectively) into R&D, travel, racing etc.
:twisted:
Why did it happen? Ego? Why can't F1 sort it's problems out outside of the public venue? In any other arena, heads would roll. A major rethink MUST happen immediately. I consider myself to be among the most diehard of fans. I can accept one team domination, I can accept many things, but for this to happen, I find completely unacceptable and very amateur.
:evil:
When asked how this will effect the american F1 fan base, Joie Chitwood COO of the US GP responded "I would say it is a major setback." Frank Williams commented "the sport was damaged, maybe irrevocably so in North America." Asked how long this fiasco will it will take for the sport to recover in north america, Jacque Villeneuve commented "In America, I don't think it will."
I'm pissed, and I think a great many people are too.

j4kwan
j4kwan

so true so true...
FIA? Michelin? It's everyone involved in Formula One that has failed.
It's the whole F1 circus that lays the blame, that can't compromise and wait...forgot that there are all these people in the grandstands that are pouring money into this sport!!! Oops sorry we wrenched your gut out and gave you a 6 car race...

Punks...

P.S.
thanks F1
keep up the good work
can't wait to buy more memorabilia

Champ Car is letting people watch the Cleveland race to all those who bought USGP tickets, possibly for free. You might want to check the champ car website, but i got the info from f1-live.com

West

Spencifer_Murphy

It just makes me laugh really...all this rule changing because they want to:
1. Lower Costs
2. IMPROVE THE SHOW FOR THE FANS

and look what they do...RUIN the show for the fans by being arrogant bastards. Max Mosley REALLY needs to go this time...just look at his 2008 proposals, its ludacrous!
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.