k_wili Ferrari Project

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
k_wili

k_wili Ferrari Project

Hi,

I have created a concept Ferrari based on the F2012 with many changes (there is a closed and an opened cockpit version)
I hope it's the right forum to show it (I'm new here)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgG8gJ7SkUo[/youtube]

Bomber_Pilot

Re: Ferrari F2012

Very nice!

DaveKillens

Re: k_wili Ferrari Project

Wow, what an impressive piece of work. Obviously, a lot of work went into this project.

Unfortunately, m first thoughts were criticisms, but that's unfair until I understand the concepts and design direction you followed. So I have a lot of questions, the first is ..was any of this run through any aero calculation programs?

The wings move, are they commanded by the steering wheel and brake pedal inputs?

Why was the floor cut away so drastically, and how is the underbody able to generate any substantial downforce?

from the video you ran this on a sim. rFactor?
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Holm86

Thats just awsome skills :) Good work. Respect.

k_wili

Hi Dave,

Thanks You for the feedback it's great that You like the concept.

This was only made in 3ds max, so I haven't tested the concept in any calculation programs.
This concept is only to show a way to increase downforce and increase safety, so I'm not sure
about the precise size and shapes of the wings (I'm not an engineer)

The wings wouldn't move with wings any time, because it could cause problems in overtakes and
other situations, so in my opinion the wings are controlled by the computer and a GPS. the computer knows
that the car is in a slow, or fast part of the track, or in a challenging corner. the angle of the wings is controlled
by the position of the car on the track and the wheels in the same time.

I changed the floor, because I wanted the air the move more freely next to the car. The whole downforce,
or most of it is only controlled by the new huge wings.
I hope the description helped about the concept. I think someone should test it in a simulation one day,
or only the main idea with the plane-like separated wings.

Nando

This is just sick on every possible level. I bow my head to you, great job!
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

ajdavison2

brilliant work! Love the concepts, the active aero above each wheel reminds me of the pagani huayra. Cant find much info on how it works and stuff, but the link below shows a demo at least.

http://www.paganireview.com/2011/12/pag ... ics-video/

Richard

Great images and video.

I'm not sure the car takes a realistic line around the 90 deg corner on the video. The car should approach on the outside kerb (left side of the video) then cut across the track to clip the apex like this:

Thanks to Jersey Tom for finding that image http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 04#p398204

Just_a_fan

Never mind the line he's taking, he's going the wrong way around the circuit. That corner looks suspiciously like the second Lesmo at Monza - which is a right hander. :lol:

Seriously, though, it's a great bit of work and well done! I like the active aero which combines the airbrake rear wing used by McLaren and Bugatti with the active flaps used by Pagani. There are a ny number of odd aero details which would probably be removed/sorted on a production vehicle but overall it's very nice. =D>
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

DaveKillens

I really like it.

In the interests of constructive criticism, I would suggest you close off the gaps between the upper rear wings and the endplates. All that air leaking through that gap is a large loss of efficiency.

Why not just have one large wing front and rear, changing their angle if incidence? Sort of what the Typhoon does with it's front canards.

In the braking configuration on landing, the chin flaps on the intakes and canard drop down to generate downforce, as well as a lot of drag.

k_wili

thanks for many comments and suggestions :)
well, the suggestion about the outside kerb is absolutely right, I just wanted to create a better
looking scene by rotating the car a bit more in front of the camera... and yes it's Lesmo /wrong way, but I think it
looks better from that angle and it doesn't matter in the animation :D
and Dave Killens's comment seems very useful too, that I should change the gaps between the upper rear wings
and the endplates. In real life it would work much better that way. I really like aviation and 2 years ago I made a flying
F1 concept. You can check the animation on youtube if you type: "formula1 2100" into the search bar.
(I was a rookie with 3ds max, so the animation is not that detailed)

... now I'm working on a TRON f1 car, based on this project. It will be better just a design showreel, or something like that
with the classic glowing neons and particle flow from behind. I will try to share an animation of the new concept on Youtube before Christmas, because I think many people could see it during the Holiday. This project was much more
technical and I really hope, that one day someone will use something from these ideas.

DaveKillens

Keep it up, good things have already happened from this effort.

remydio

Interesting concept, and what a skill with 3ds man !

kosioBG

I like it. just thought that a wider rear underbody would increase perforance

Alonso Fan

very nice, i really like it! just if the FIA could change the regulations to make the cars look like that, wow, we would really be watching Formula 1 then.

what software did you use to design it?
is it free?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa