wing and winglet geometry

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
asghar.ahmed

wing and winglet geometry

Hi guys, I am studying aerospace engineering. I have been looking for 3D geometry for scaneagle's wing and winglet but had no luck...
basically my project is to study induced drag reduction due to winglets at low reynolds number...
can anyone help me with finding the geometry for any UAV with winglet or any sailplane with winglet...
i would really appreciate your help guys..

Thanks in advance

AeroE

Re: wing and winglet geometry

You might do a search for Journal papers relating to your topic, there are a number of databases. Look for AIAA, scopus, and there are many others. Ask your university's library staff about which databases to use and how to access them. You should be able to find a lot of info that way. Good luck with your project!

coaster

Re: wing and winglet geometry

The Airbus 'reeslet' and the 737 winglet modifications are well documented cases, these were upper subsonic to near transonic designs, i'm guessing this has to do with car type speeds so the information might not be useful.
Although, you can find plenty of photos of trailing edge vortices from airliners landing in rain which are travelling at car type speeds (280kph), maybe look at Nasa's archives?