F1Fighters FSketch Car

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
F1Fighter

F1Fighters FSketch Car

Hi F1 lovers, I've just registered to this forum which I've been following for a few years ago and I wanted to show you the car I designed to participate in Formula Sketch game last year. I know some of my last year's "rivals" were also showed here, so it's the perfect forum to do so. I hope you enjoy it and, please, comment with your opinions! :D

F1Fighter

Re: F1Fighters FSketch Car

To begin with, these are some pics of the F1F01

F1Fighter

Bodywork and wings of the car without wheels and whishbones either to appreciate more details:
Diffuser:
Bulkhead with channel on the keel:

CottrellGP

Beautiful!
Dan Cottrell

Master Of Innovation!

wesley123

looks good!

The "wings" that you make your sidepod would not work though, mainly because of the beam wing and the floor beneath
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

astracrazy

have you looked into joining the khamsin challenge? your car will be tested with cfd then

F1Fighter

Thanks for your replies!
Originally the sidepods were thought to work alongside the exhausts just like a coanda effect in the Sauber but in the opposite way, creating a blown diffuser. The problem was that no bodywork was allowed to be above the exhausts, so I had to move them backwards.
Anyway, I'm thinking about making another F1 car with fresh new ideas, but I'm sick of Sketchup and its slowness, so I'm considering to design my next car with Autodesk.
By the way, I've just sent a message to Nick Mcdowell to get the base car with measures and regulations to start designing.

matt21

F1Fighter wrote:The problem was that no bodywork was allowed to be above the exhausts, so I had to move them backwards.
5.8.4 Furthermore, there must be a view from above, the side, or any intermediate angle perpendicular to the car centre line, from which the truncated cone is not obscured by any bodywork lying more than 50mm forward of the rear wheel centre line.
So you can open the channel for the exhaust sideways but not to the bottom of your pods.