Williams FW35 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FW17

Re: Williams FW35 Renault

Yeah saw it, not sure if it has much benefits, else every car since 1994 would have had it.

pic edited

Thunder

That rear End is so non existent.....

On the Picture above it looks like half the Car is missing back there. Impressive Work by Williams.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Coefficient
Coefficient

WilliamsF1 wrote:Yeah saw it, not sure if it has much benefits, else every car since 1994 would have had it.

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... 827e8d.jpg
pic edited
Well, the idea of concealing the half shaft is to negate the "Magnus Effect" created by the spinning shaft in free air above the floor. The huge box that RB anc Macca are putting them in I believe is done with a desire to create a sort of double diffuser by making the lower rear wishbone limb so big it is almost another floor.

Hey, that photo is fascinating! Without the sharkfin the car looks like it has a shark bite instead. LoL! :lol: Where is the rest of it?
Last edited by Coefficient on 19 Feb 2013, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

FrukostScones

WilliamsF1 wrote:Yeah saw it, not sure if it has much benefits, else every car since 1994 would have had it.

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj5 ... 827e8d.jpg
pic edited
holy wasp waist
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Seamus
Seamus

pic edited

:wink:

Mr.G

It's so small the back of the car it looks ridiculous. I'm not saying this isn't wining car, but for me this year Ferrari have the best balance in the design of the back. FW35 just look strange for me, like it will break in half after a while :)
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

korzeniow
korzeniow

Mr.G wrote:It's so small the back of the car it looks ridiculous. I'm not saying this isn't wining car, but for me this year Ferrari have the best balance in the design of the back. FW35 just look strange for me, like it will break in half after a while :)
I presume you mean the best balance from the estethics point of view, not a performance one.

#-o
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

Ferraripilot

Driveshaft is exposed. Looks like they're ducking that trend. Nice car though.

Mr.G

korzeniow wrote:I presume you mean the best balance from the estethics point of view, not a performance one. #-o
Sure. As I say I don't underestimate FW35, just for me Ferrari have both - advantages of slim back and good esthetically looking car.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Mandrake
Mandrake

It almost looks as if they took the chassis, lifted it from the floor, pushed it a meter forwards and dropped it down again :D

ced381

zoro_f1 wrote:Image
Last year's monkey seat was better looking, this one looks like something rudimentary HRT would come up with on a Friday afternoon after a few beers... Let's hope it's efficient!
WilliamsF1 wrote:Image
Oh Dear Lord...! :shock:
Last edited by ced381 on 19 Feb 2013, 17:12, edited 2 times in total.
'09 Volkswagen CC Sportline 2.0TSI 'Jennie'

bucker
bucker

FIA wants to ban new Williams exhaust system. Charlie Whiting says it's against the rules.

korzeniow
korzeniow

bucker wrote:FIA wants to ban new Williams exhaust system. Charlie Whiting says it's against the rules.
Can you post a link to the story?
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

JoeE
JoeE

korzeniow wrote:
bucker wrote:FIA wants to ban new Williams exhaust system. Charlie Whiting says it's against the rules.
Can you post a link to the story?
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 58768.html

Williams' exhaust is legal, but Charlie wants to illegalize it as to prevent teams from building tunnels. Thats my view at least
Last edited by JoeE on 19 Feb 2013, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

I am not sure if I have to be amazed or to be disgusted. I alteast hope that that image is stretched.
#AeroFrodo