heidfeld replacement

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jaslfc
jaslfc

heidfeld replacement

now with heidfeld out for the rest of the season there is talk of nico rosberg and pizzonia sharing the seats.. i feel that pizzonia should take the seat because he deserve it. Yes i know spa he did a stupid thing but do u think william is goin to risk putting rosberg in. Another thing.now with hp and bmw gone, button is sweating coz he knows william is goin to have alot less money for development next year. Any suggestions on who else may partner webber for the last 3 races...

ps. Kimi Most unluckiest driver in F1!!

manchild
manchild

Re: heidfeld replacement

Rosberg will get a shot at least on one race. Yesterday during testing in Silverstone he was even faster than Pizzonia , 6th overall.
jaslfc wrote:ps. Kimi Most unluckiest driver in F1!!
...after Alain Prost who lost a title for 0.5 points! :wink:

jaslfc
jaslfc

i think kimi can be fighting for the same title.. he had so many retirements. then his teamate --- up his chances.. hehe..

Scuderia_Russ

I also heard they will bring Nico in for the last two races if Heidfeld is unfit. I also agree that it is a bit of a slap in the face for Pizzonia. I guess the way Williams see it is that they rescued his career after the big
cat(astrophe) so they don't have to show him any loyalty really. They're not really in a position to be mincing about with drivers in their current form and so need to make some firm decisions for next year a.s.a.p. in my opinion. If he is sidelined next year in the place of Rosberg he will probably try and get a seat in Champ Car.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

RH1300S
RH1300S

I really hope they bring Nico Rosberg in, he is showing himself to be one of the top talents (maybe the top talent) in GP2

f1.redbaron

I guess Heidfeld's bicycle accident was false (as most of us, I'm sure, already knew). With his departure to BMW for next year, one spot is now open. Mr. Button, are you ready to accept the consequences of your actions?

Lafora

RH1300S wrote:I really hope they bring Nico Rosberg in, he is showing himself to be one of the top talents (maybe the top talent) in GP2
tho he is painfully average when it's wet.

manchild
manchild

Lafora wrote:tho he is painfully average when it's wet.
Isn't it to soon to judge?
I mean even Senna had spun on wet once (as much as I can remember), Schumacher crashed his car once in Monaco, huge crash at Spa in 1996, than Brazil several years ago… and Schuey is often (not by me!) considered as " rain man" :sick:

Scuderia_Russ

To be honest I didn't think he would have the success that he has had in this years GP2 series seeing as he was so inconsistent in last years Euroseries. If Adam Carroll and Piquet stay there next year I believe we'll see a good fight.
-Henry Ford-

RH1300S
RH1300S

Scuderia_Russ wrote:To be honest I didn't think he would have the success that he has had in this years GP2 series seeing as he was so inconsistent in last years Euroseries. If Adam Carroll and Piquet stay there next year I believe we'll see a good fight.
Sounds like a young man maturing fast :wink:

jaslfc
jaslfc

i really wanna see sebastian bourdais come into f1. i think he has given up on trying to come to f1.. PLS SOME ONE GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!!

manchild
manchild

Yes, so many talents from GP2 and World Series by Renault but will there be enough seats. Recent rumors about some GP2 teams switching to F1 seam more and more justified as production of talents is exceeding F1 capacities. I hope that we’ll have a chance to see once again over 30 cars on the grid.

Scuderia_Russ

Unfortunately (for us) the F.I.A. have imposed a limit of twenty four cars on the grid meaning only two more teams will ever be allowed to enter. It is highly unlikely that we will see a return to the days of pre-qualifying as no-one will want to pay millions of dollars in sponsorship to have their name on the side of a car when there is a good chance that it will not race.
-Henry Ford-

jaslfc
jaslfc

they may increase the grid size.Mclaren is among the teams that want to start a 'b' team in 2006 and i think it may force fia to let maybe 24-26 cars to field.. does anyone know the most amount of starters for a race in the modern f1 era?

manchild
manchild

If I'm not mistaken in 1989 there was 39 cars on the grid.
http://www.formula1.com/archive/grandprix/1989/232.html