Button vs RUBENS

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jaslfc
jaslfc

Button vs RUBENS

it seem that BAR paid up to 20 million as compensation to william to sign button for the next season. i honestly dont think he is worth that much. who do u think will do better next season?

manchild
manchild

Button
Rubens will make mistakes trying to beat Schumacher and to prove him self...

RH1300S
RH1300S

Button will be quicker than Rubens, I think Rubens is a decent pedaller, but despite all the "number two" stuff at Ferrari, he had a good race car and was not often in sight of MS when the heat was on.

JB, on the other hand is quality, also he has that important head start with the team.

I DO think it will be close and I DO think that they will be a strong pairing.

Scuderia_Russ

For sure it will be a good fight. They both have different things to prove but ultimately the first to win a g.p. will do so to the slating of the other driver. I'm looking forwards to this one more than I was with Kimi and J.P.M!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Personally, I don't think Button is worth all that money and comittment by BAR/Honda. Yes, he's quick and has promise. But he's also displayed some flaws, he makes mistakes. Witness his DNF at Montreal.
Reubens is a well rounded, experienced driver who will add a lot to BAR. I expect him to garner a win before Button does. This coming race at Brasil will show just what he is made of. If there is ever a time and place to go balls out, it will be there, at his home track, and without having to be Shu's pet dog. I don't know the exact terms of his Ferrari contract in regards to supporting Shu, but maybe it was stipulated he would bow to Shu in support for the driver's title. Well, the title is mathematically out the window, Shu is in a close fight with Montoya for 3rd. So maybe, in legal terms, Reubens is under no obligation to support Shu. Hmm....
I believe it's safe to assume that we will see the very best of Reubens at Brasil, without anything to hold him back. Rain is a high probability, and he has proven himself a very good rain driver. Although I have little regard for Shu as a person, he is still the best driver, and how Reubens performs will be a direct benchmark, something we can take over to next season, for comparison of Reubens vs Button, and thus, Button vs Shu.

RH1300S
RH1300S

I must agree, I don't understand why the high price for JB - even if he is one of the top drivers out there. Plenty others as good or nearly as good, and spend the money of the car.............hmmmmm wonder what Frank was thinking of :twisted: (he couldn't lose really :wink: )

Interesting take on RB, if he does stick one over on MS at Brazil (if it rains, I agree he has a really good chance) - then that will bring him to BAR with high confidence - those are the sorts of things that can give one driver an edge over another at the level they are.

Spencifer_Murphy

Rubens is the better and faster driver over a race distance....quali should be close. However the BAR team love button, they must do to pay 20m for him!

Its gonna take time for Rubens to settle there and untill then Button just gets the nod.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Sawtooth-spike

Its will be a good one. I Will admit button makes mistakes but he is still young. I mean even the mighty Schumacher has made his fair share of mistakes.
Buttons Smoothness suits the cars and the team does work around his style (at the moment). Rubens is HArd working and Consistant which is what bar have really needed this year. Is button Worth 20million???? lets let 2006 decide. If they win the Constructors then the answer is yes.

Scuderia_Russ

What mistakes has Button made apart from h9itting the wall of champions inb Canada and having a bit of a tank slapper in qualifying for Turkey? (both of which are places where more experienced drivers made similar mistakes!) He's quicker than his team mate. He's smooth and very consistent... 99.9% of the time he brings the car home apart from Sato. The only point I agree on about him not being worth his price tag is his lack of wins. Apart from that he's one of the best on the grid I.M.O.
-Henry Ford-

jaslfc
jaslfc

i heard an interview about how marketable jenson buttons image is to the sponsors.. that may be another reason why BAR was willing to pay so much.

Principessa

Jenson Button is a very marketable guy. He has the looks, the good reputation... There are also a lot Brittish company's who really want a countrymen in the F1 car that they sponsor.

jaslfc
jaslfc

who paid williams? did button buy his way out of the contract or did bar paid willams? how much do u think he's salary is(actually i interested in the salary of the entire grid)

Scuderia_Russ

Don't know about salary for the whole grid but it is my understanding that Button paid Sir Frank £18m, and B.A.R. will reimburse him at a later date because te contract was between Button and Williams not B.A.R. and Williams.
-Henry Ford-

Principessa

The only thing I know is that Schumis still has the highest salary of the entire grid. And Alonso won't get a raise after he wins the championshipstitle. Flavio doesn't allow it.