2013 Bahrain GP - Sakhir

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

2013 Bahrain GP - Sakhir

Tyres - Hard (prime, silver) and Soft (option, yellow)

Tyres - Medium (prime, white) and Soft (option, yellow)
Winner - Sebastian Vettel (Soft - Medium - Soft - Medium)

Race not held

2012 pole lap
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvVRRxYmvTU[/youtube]
Last edited by raymondu999 on 14 Apr 2013, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SamH123
SamH123

Re: 2012 Bahrain GP - Sakhir

What kind of track is this? Looks like a bit of a mix of everything..

raymondu999

For most intents and purposes, it's pretty much stop start. The fast corners are pretty much flat-out bits.

I expect the Red Bull to be more at home in the heat. As we saw - Red Bull were more competitive in hot Malaysia than in cold China/Melbourne. The slow corners should also see their exhaust effect more pronounced. Ferrari IMO are a bit of an enigma in the hot and we'll have to see how they fare. We've only ever seen Alonso lapping in the cold, thanks to his Malaysian retirement. Bahrain is quite a smooth circuit - which could help the McLaren in terms of helping them lock down their aero to its most benign position via stiff suspension.

I'm guessing blind on the option tyre as we haven't seen the soft in hot conditions - but I think it will be OOPP or OPPP for the win.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Morteza

Ray, the name of the thread is 2012 Bahrain GP instead of 2013 :mrgreen:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

SamH123
SamH123

Webber will have a 3 grid place penalty for this race and Gutierrez will have a 5 place penalty.

raymondu999

Morteza wrote:Ray, the name of the thread is 2012 Bahrain GP instead of 2013 :mrgreen:
Derp. Changed. Thanks buddy!
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Neno
Neno

Re: 2013 Bahrain GP - Sakhir

I see win of Kimi Raikkonen and double podium by Lotus F1 Team, with Alonso on 3rd place. I guess Vettel 4th again...

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

raymondu999 wrote:For most intents and purposes, it's pretty much stop start. The fast corners are pretty much flat-out bits.

I expect the Red Bull to be more at home in the heat. As we saw - Red Bull were more competitive in hot Malaysia than in cold China/Melbourne. The slow corners should also see their exhaust effect more pronounced. Ferrari IMO are a bit of an enigma in the hot and we'll have to see how they fare. We've only ever seen Alonso lapping in the cold, thanks to his Malaysian retirement. Bahrain is quite a smooth circuit - which could help the McLaren in terms of helping them lock down their aero to its most benign position via stiff suspension.

I'm guessing blind on the option tyre as we haven't seen the soft in hot conditions - but I think it will be OOPP or OPPP for the win.
Rivola said a few weeks back that the major weakness of the car is traction. I don't know to what extent the China updates have addressed this.

godlameroso

This will be a two stop race, again with everyone ditching the soft after 5-7 laps. Bahrain doesn't have any real high g corners, but it does have a lot of mid speed corners, and the circuit is traction dependent, as well as requiring a car that can trail brake.
Saishū kōnā

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Prediction... Red Bull Pole, Red Bull win.

godlameroso

JimClarkFan wrote:Prediction... Red Bull Pole, Red Bull win.
I doubt Red Bull will snatch pole, it never rains in Bah-rain and thus far they've shown themselves to not have the qualifying advantage they previously enjoyed. The race pace is there but they're no kinder on their tires than any of their rivals.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

If we're talking crazy predictions I think Grosjean will go fast here, this circuit suits his style, and I also think the McLarens will surprise.
Saishū kōnā

Juzh

godlameroso wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:Prediction... Red Bull Pole, Red Bull win.
I doubt Red Bull will snatch pole, it never rains in Bah-rain and thus far they've shown themselves to not have the qualifying advantage they previously enjoyed. The race pace is there but they're no kinder on their tires than any of their rivals.
So what you're saying is, Vettel is the fastest driver by far in changeable and wet conditions. Alonso more than 1s of his pace in malaysia :shock: Hamilton more than 2s...

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

I'm thinking Red Bulls and Lotus will dominate the race. As for pole.. Maybe Raikonnen or Alonso... good chance of Vettel on pole too.

Nomore
Nomore

With what we saw in China, Ferrari is the favorite to win the race.