This is an announcement thread of functional changes made to f1technical during 2013. If you have feedback or issues with a particular feature, please create a new seperate thread in the support forum.
Some site updates have gone live today, which (among other smaller things) include:
- New thumbs voting icons (following feedback that the -1 and +1 might give the wrong impression. Opinions are diverse however, so another change in the future is not out of the question)
- Rework header styling (the user dropdown has been reworked so that it opens only on click, and closes only when clicking outside, resolving a number of issues with auto-filling login form fields)
- Rework poll system to use AJAX (voting on a poll does not refresh the page anymore)
- New layout for Newsletter (you'll see later this week)
- Possibility to disable voting system per thread. Voting is now disable in the caption competition thread. Votes made there had been undone.
- People with a website willing to link f1technical have a choice of a few new banners: http://www.f1technical.net/pr/linkus.php