Honda's mysterious team

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RH1300S
RH1300S

I have just spotted that Japanese driver Sakon Yamamoto is in the third Jordan seat for Suzaka this weekend - and seems to have gone quite well so far.

What chance that this mystery team may end up with Taku & Yamamoto?

manchild
manchild

As the time goes by I'm more and more certain that there'll be 12 teams or status quo.

jaslfc
jaslfc

itll be nice to see fully non-european team.. but obviously they will have to base it in europe due to the number of races and test tracks.. actually i have always wondered why f1 teams dont go abroad to test.. motogp comes to malaysia..

manchild
manchild

jaslfc wrote:.. actually i have always wondered why f1 teams dont go abroad to test.. motogp comes to malaysia..
too expensive

jaslfc
jaslfc

it seems that coke may become the title sponsor for f1 .. so in the future it maybe going to be called coca-cola formula 1 championship. i think this is another great move for bernie. this will allow him to offer more cash to the teams(if onli he gives some of the cash to the teams) the reported yearly income from this is close to 200million!!

manchild
manchild

I wonder if Red Bull would accept to compete in Coca Cola F1 championship :lol:

If Coca Cola would become sponsor of whole F1 than no other similar company would be interested to be individual sponsor or team owner. I find it embarrassing...

Scuderia_Russ

jaslfc wrote:it seems that coke may become the title sponsor for f1 .. so in the future it maybe going to be called coca-cola formula 1 championship. i think this is another great move for bernie. this will allow him to offer more cash to the teams(if onli he gives some of the cash to the teams) the reported yearly income from this is close to 200million!!
I think this stinks to be honest. I have no problem with teams using sponsorship if it enables them to go racing and yes other sports do it... Barclays Premier league... Pepsi 400 etc but the Coca Cola Formula One World Championship... nah. #-o
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-