Renault most successful manufacturer ever!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

Renault most successful manufacturer ever!

Congratulations to Renault!

E spec. made R25 once again fastest car which was beyond my expectations. When SC went out for the first time I thought “this is bad, Mclaren is on one stop less strategy”. Fortunately I was wrong.

This is truly historic moment for Renault not simply because they finally won F1 WDC and WCC but because they have won it all! They are now the most successful car manufacturer of all times when it matters motorsport!

No other car manufacturer has won all of these:

Grand Prix (1906)
World Rally Championship (1973)
24h Le Mans (1978)
F1 Grand Prix (1979)
Paris-Dakar (1982)
F1 WCC as engine supplier (1992)
F1 WCC and WDC (2005)

Allez Renault!
Last edited by manchild on 16 Oct 2005, 13:05, edited 2 times in total.

Scuderia_Russ

I don't think any other manufacturer does as much for the fans either (free tickets to World Series etc.)
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

manchild wrote:Congratulations to Renault!

E spec. made R25 once again fastest car which was beyond my expectations. When SC went out for the first time I thought “this is bad, Mclaren is on one stop less strategy”. Fortunately I was wrong.

This is truly historic moment for Renault not simply because they finally won F1 WDC and WCC but because they have won it all! They are now the most successful car manufacturer of all times when it matters motorsport!

No other car manufacturer has won all of these:

Grand Prix (1906)
World Rally Championship (1973)
24h Le Mans (1978)
F1 Grand Prix (1979)
Paris-Dakar (1982)
F1 WCC as engine supplier (1992)
F1 WCC and WDC (2005)

Allez Renault!
You forgot....F1WCC as engine supplier in 94! F1WCC and WDC in 93,95,96,97

Principessa

It's true.... Me and Tomba were at the World Series at Zolder this year, it was really cool to get cards for free. Allez les bleus!!!

manchild
manchild

Monstrobolaxa wrote: You forgot....F1WCC as engine supplier in 94! F1WCC and WDC in 93,95,96,97
I was only mentioning the first in a row - unique achievement in each motorsport category. You're right about first WDC as engine supplier (1992) :oops:

RH1300S
RH1300S

Renault have motor sport deep in their DNA - great achievement and they won this last race in style.

icef1mkd
icef1mkd

Mission accomplished!

They returned to prove everyone their worth with winning the WCC as a 100% Renault car.

Brilliant,

Hats off.

ps: a huge party and city parade is planned in Skopje together with the promo of the new Clio.

Fellas, You’re all invited!
:P
"You will never know the feeling of a driver
when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings
that cannot be understood."
Ayrton Senna, November 1988

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

For me, the moment began a very long time ago, when a little guy in a Renault, Rene Arnoux, battled Gilles Villeneuve at the 1979 Dijon race in what for me, was th emost memorable wheel to wheel racer ever. That day, to me, Renault had arrived.
So now, many years later, Renault climbs to the top of the mountain and proudly plant their flag, and proclaim, "We did it, we are the world champions in every sense of the word".
It is a worthy accomplishment, a team that worked steadily in each year, that grew stronger each month, to finally see their long range strategy pay off, and deliver to ultimate prize.
Well done Fernando Alonso and Renault, well done Fisi and Briatore, well done all the mechanics and technicians, everyone at Renault.

manchild
manchild

Image Image

manuStudio
manuStudio

A huge congratulation to Renault they worked hard and got the results, they deserved this. Im very glad. Also alonso did some great stuff, first with the youngest pole and win in 2003, and then the youngest F1 world Champion in Brazil 2005, who can beat those records, and then he won the WCC for his team in China.

Im also glad he showed it to those guys at Mclaren who thought to be the best. Great year 2005, great show Renault and Alonso. Bring it on 2006.