2013 Italian GP - Monza

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
adam2003

2013 Italian GP - Monza

Monza GP 2013

Past winners

2012: Lewis Hamilton
2011: Sebastian Vettel
2010: Fernando Alonso

Clips from the past:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzCNBY_ogI0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWudFAnSfUs[/youtube]
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 03 Sep 2013, 03:27, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited title to the format that we always use

Guisson

Re: Monza Italy 2013 GP

My money is on Alonso and Ferrari ! with Mercedes right behind them !
What about Red Bull ? i wouldn't wirte them off but it seemed to me that they cannot fight for the win
the 2011 win was accompished thanks to the EBD , they "might" struggle.. But I could be wrong !
I'm waiting for a surprise from Force India or STR ..
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

raymondu999

RB_[Gnx] wrote:My money is on Alonso and Ferrari ! with Mercedes right behind them !
What about Red Bull ? i wouldn't wirte them off but it seemed to me that they cannot fight for the win
the 2011 win was accompished thanks to the EBD , they "might" struggle.. But I could be wrong !
I'm waiting for a surprise from Force India or STR ..
You say that... But they've been dominant on all the "special low downforce" circuits this year in Canada and Spa. Bizzare that they have, but still
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

RB_[Gnx] wrote:My money is on Alonso and Ferrari ! with Mercedes right behind them !
I'll say you will be loosing your money then. My gut feeling tells me Vettel/Red Bull will be having the lower odds for winning in Italy. So I'm saying Vettel will win this one as well. Weather could throw a spanner in the works if it rains like it did in 2008 though. Then anything can happen.

Richard, go to bed please. Nothing to see here.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

SectorOne

Ferrari will be strong. Their biggest disadvantage is downforce. So when you remove that factor all of a sudden the Ferrari sparks into life.

Red Bull and Mercedes will be there for sure but i´m leaning towards an Alonso win here.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

iotar__

Warm Monza, Alonso's win, Vettel's DNF, equilibrium restored and championship battle back on track, someone with a haircut like android from Prometheus cannot be a F1 champion.

Strategy, you heard it first folks - one or two stops. What's the weather forecast? :o

Juzh

iotar__ wrote:Warm Monza, Alonso's win, Vettel's DNF, equilibrium restored and championship battle back on track someone with a haircut like android from Prometheus cannot be a F1 champion.
Actually more like warm monza, vettel win, alonso dnf, equilibrium kept as it and championship battle continued to be diminished.
iotar__ wrote:someone with a haircut like android from Prometheus cannot be a F1 champion.
Don't worry, alonso will not be this years f1 wdc.

Shrieker

Alonso should've won last year without the anti roll bar going bust in quali. I think this year he will take the win.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

SectorOne

Tough to say. Alonso had free air from lap 30 or so and he was only marginally catching Hamilton who we know was simply managing tires and gap.

Pole definitely but win, maybe, maybe not. The good thing for him is there´s no MP4-27 on track this time.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SamH123

Surely RB can't win at their weakest track
But considering Vettel was not that dominant at the technical tracks of Germany & Hungary I really thought he would not win at a power track like Spa...

gray41

Could be the tightest qualifying of the year.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

godlameroso

I predict a warm and sunny race weekend
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

SamH123 wrote:Surely RB can't win at their weakest track
But considering Vettel was not that dominant at the technical tracks of Germany & Hungary I really thought he would not win at a power track like Spa...
Maybe your preconceived notions ought to be reversed?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

beelsebob

SamH123 wrote:Surely RB can't win at their weakest track
What makes you believe it's their weakest track?

SectorOne

Even Red Bull themselves consider Monza and similar tracks to be their weaker points. It´s nothing new.
Same with SPA and Canada.
"I don't think we expected to be dominant here, and it surprised all of us actually - spa vettel