2013 Singapore GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: 2013 Singapore GP

Better (and faster) than i expected, i expected another 90 degree slow corner, this seems more open.

Laptimes should drop a bit.

GitanesBlondes

Re: 2013 Singapore GP - Marina Bay

I see no reason why Vettel shouldn't be on the pole for this one. The only thing I could see being a problem is if they haven't got those gearbox issues sorted out by the time Singapore rolls around. That aside, the circuit is perfect for the RB9 as piloted by Vettel. Webber can't extract as much out of the car the way his teammate does. That may open up a window for Alonso and Hamilton to sneak onto the first and second rows of the grid.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

Spacepace

Mercedes will be the quickest car. They were even fast there in 2012 and 2011. That car loves low speed circuits.

Juzh

Spacepace wrote:Mercedes will be the quickest car. They were even fast there in 2012 and 2011. That car loves low speed circuits.
In 2011 they were lapped despite the safety car half way trough the race. In 2012 they were 34s behind the winner despite safety car half way in as well. Fast? lol.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Juzh wrote:
Spacepace wrote:Mercedes will be the quickest car. They were even fast there in 2012 and 2011. That car loves low speed circuits.
In 2011 they were lapped despite the safety car half way trough the race. In 2012 they were 34s behind the winner despite safety car half way in as well. Fast? lol.
Given that their average result in 2012 was more like a minute off the pace, yes, they were relatively fast at Singapore last year.

That said, I don't think last year's car has any real relevance. This year's car has performed very well at high downforce circuits, I'm fairly confident because of that that we'll see a HAM/ROS front row.

SamH123
SamH123

It seems like there is a small chance Red Bull might incur a gearbox penalty for Singapore?
What are the rules for changing them? I always forget how it works..

langwadt
langwadt

SamH123 wrote:It seems like there is a small chance Red Bull might incur a gearbox penalty for Singapore?
it depends, a gearbox must be used for at least 5 consecutive events, Singapore is 13th so if the have run 7+5, or 6+6
I think they can change with no penalty, though I would assume they have run 5+5+2 so they can't

but they can change some bits inside the gearbox before P2 at each event so I guess it depends on how bad it is

Spacepace

beelsebob wrote:
Juzh wrote:
Given that their average result in 2012 was more like a minute off the pace, yes, they were relatively fast at Singapore last year.

That said, I don't think last year's car has any real relevance. This year's car has performed very well at high downforce circuits, I'm fairly confident because of that that we'll see a HAM/ROS front row.
That's what I was getting at. As far as I remember Schumacher was having a good race up until he crashed. Another thing to note is after spa Lewis said that they will have a strong car in Singapore. He kind of knew they weren't going to win in Italy.

CHT
CHT

langwadt wrote:
SamH123 wrote:It seems like there is a small chance Red Bull might incur a gearbox penalty for Singapore?
it depends, a gearbox must be used for at least 5 consecutive events, Singapore is 13th so if the have run 7+5, or 6+6
I think they can change with no penalty, though I would assume they have run 5+5+2 so they can't

but they can change some bits inside the gearbox before P2 at each event so I guess it depends on how bad it is
Does anyone have the updated information about the number of engine and gearbox used for each driver?

raymondu999

langwadt wrote:

You forget - they changed Seb's after Silverstone, probably. So it's done Germany, Hungary, Spa and Monza. This *should* be the 5th race for that box for Seb.

I don't recall Webber having gearbox failures this year
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

Some stats I found about Singapore GP.

astracrazy
astracrazy

raymondu999 wrote: So it's done Germany, Hungary, Spa and Monza. This *should* be the 5th race for that box for Seb.
your right, Monza was its 4th race - Ted confirmed this during the race

---

wow only 34 toilets to all them people :lol:

SectorOne

Thought about that too :) About seven thousand people per toilet...

I think i´ll pop into a hotel or something instead if i´m going in the future :)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SamH123
SamH123

Interesting, seems like there might be a question mark over the reliability of Seb's gearbox for the race given it's done 4 races and seemed to be threatening to fail at Monza.

Hopefully that wont be the only threat to Vettel not winning Singapore though.. Mercedes will be strong obviously, but all the straights look just the right length to suit RB's acceleration/traction

sennafan24
sennafan24

Lewis was lightening here last year in qualifying, and probably would have won the race if his gear box did not fail him. That said, I find it hard to bet against Vettel/Red Bull at this stage, both car and driver are consistent as they come.

I will take a chance and predict Lewis to win, but I would not bet a penny on it.