2013 Singapore GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
turbof1

Re: 2013 Singapore GP - Marina Bay

It gets better: the marshals actually explicitly asked Webber NOT to enter the track.

Can somebody also explain why he had to take place on the left sidepod? Sponsor exposure in the camera ?!? If he took place on the right sidepod he didn't had to run around the car, putting himself several seconds less in danger.
#AeroFrodo

ced381

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Oh, Webber just got the invoice. Quite pricey ride :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU2WQCKCQAAguwn.jpg:large
Hahahaha!!!
'09 Volkswagen CC Sportline 2.0TSI 'Jennie'

komninosm
komninosm

ecapox wrote:
komninosm wrote:Exactly.
It's especially jarring that they gave penalties for pushing cars out in previous cases like Alonso-Vettel incident and others.
My theory is Massa/FIARARI whined to Charlie (as usual) about the first incident and then they had to do the other one to cover it up.
Really?! THAT'S your theory?! How about the FIA stewards are inept and the stewarding process in general has been plagued with inconsistencies for many many years....many of which do not involve Ferrari. :roll:

Hopefully you dont take the same liberties when making "theories" in your real life profession of choice.
Many do however... :roll:

astracrazy
astracrazy

turbof1 wrote:It gets better: the marshals actually explicitly asked Webber NOT to enter the track.
then its deserved. Perhaps Horner would like to step down (or fall off) his high horse

beelsebob
beelsebob

The bottom line is that he put several drivers' lives in danger. What do you think happens when 75kg of driver hits your head at 100km/h?

Juzh

beelsebob wrote:The bottom line is that he put several drivers' lives in danger. What do you think happens when 75kg of driver hits your head at 100km/h?
What happens to webber's legs when he gets hit by front wing?

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Webber should be replaced by Daniel straight away after this! This proves that he doesn't care about his team anymore.

Phil

turbof1 wrote:Can somebody also explain why he had to take place on the left sidepod? Sponsor exposure in the camera ?!? If he took place on the right sidepod he didn't had to run around the car, putting himself several seconds less in danger.
did he have to? i just assumed he is a right hander. Being a right-hander, i would certainly prefer to be holding on with my right arm...

Maybe there is another reason though? ...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Joie de vivre

dxpetrov wrote:Webber should be replaced by Daniel straight away after this! This proves that he doesn't care about his team anymore.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Juzh wrote:
beelsebob wrote:The bottom line is that he put several drivers' lives in danger. What do you think happens when 75kg of driver hits your head at 100km/h?
What happens to webber's legs when he gets hit by front wing?
Likely, they get broken, and he collapses over the nose cone, hitting the driver with his head. So it's entirely likely that *both* drivers will suffer the force of a 75kg driver hitting a 642kg car at 100km/h, straight to their head.

This is clearly not a good thing.

raymondu999

Brundle is an absolute legend :mrgreen:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB28yU0Pl5E[/youtube]
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_
stefan_

Felipe dodged Martin like a boss.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

henra
henra

Juzh wrote:New CCTV footage of alo/web taxi incident
Before having seen this I also thought, the Penalty was a bit harsh.
After having seen it I had to rethink that opinion.
That stunt was f***ing dangerous and stupid.

It's a nice gesture between Drivers and shouldn't been forbidden per se, but they should really use their brain when doing it. Doing it directly behind a 90° turn on the middle of the racing line does not exactly fulfill this criterion.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Note – a lot of people seem to be misunderstanding the penalty that was given. Webber was not given a 10 place grid drop for going on the track. I was given a reprimand for going on the track.

It happened that he had accrued enough reprimands that he was given a 10 place grid drop for doing dodgy things too often.

Personally, I think he should have been given a grid drop before even a reprimand.

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

I'm a police officer and have investigated plenty of pedestrian vs vehicle traffic collisions and often times the driver gets hurt too. Not to mention I work along a couple freeways where the speed limit is 70 mph 110kph walking into traffic is not recommended. I'm sure Webber just got caught in the moment being as he won't be able to hitch a ride from Alonso next year.