Nico Rosberg´s illegal Singapore Lap

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Fabi1111
Fabi1111

Nico Rosberg´s illegal Singapore Lap

Watch this at 0.18: http://player.vimeo.com/video/75111724? ... lor=ff9933

He left the track with all of his tyres! So his lap is illegal, in Sky Martin Brundle said to Sebastian Vettel´s lap, that it was close, but he managed to keep the car at the right place, but Rosberg is just second and nobody saw what he did? What do you think?

SectorOne

Re: Nico Rosberg´s illegal Singapore Lap

It probably cancelled itself out anyways. Faster into T1 but a longer arch for T2, setting up for T3.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

LionKing
LionKing

Good spotting....

Although you can not see the rear tires, the fronts are clearly outside of the track boundaries. From the orientation of the car, I think the rears were off too.
Last edited by LionKing on 25 Sep 2013, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

It's a question of whether it was said in the drivers briefing they can do that or not. Some corners on the track the stewards turn a blind eye. Not sure about that one though.

edit.
We could also discuss raikkonen's illegal overtake on bottas where he initiated an overtake with all 4 wheels of the track to gain an advantage on corner exit.

MOWOG

I don't care whether the stewards enforce the "4 wheels off the racing circuit" rule or not. I just wish they would be consistent from track to track and from driver to driver. To paraphrase my old Irish grandmother:

"What's sauce for Caterham should be sauce for McLaren/Mercedes/Ferrari/Red Bull." Rules should not be applied differently because someone is in the WCC/WDC hunt. ](*,)
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

CBeck113
CBeck113

MOWOG wrote:I don't care whether the stewards enforce the "4 wheels off the racing circuit" rule or not. I just wish they would be consistent from track to track and from driver to driver. To paraphrase my old Irish grandmother:

"What's sauce for Caterham should be sauce for McLaren/Mercedes/Ferrari/Red Bull." Rules should not be applied differently because someone is in the WCC/WDC hunt. ](*,)
What hunt?
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Fabi1111 wrote:Watch this at 0.18: http://player.vimeo.com/video/75111724? ... lor=ff9933

He left the track with all of his tyres! So his lap is illegal, in Sky Martin Brundle said to Sebastian Vettel´s lap, that it was close, but he managed to keep the car at the right place, but Rosberg is just second and nobody saw what he did? What do you think?
Rosberg is having to let his car drift to the outside of the track alot more than Vettel to build up speed. Red Bull looks comfortably the better car now whereas at the start of the European season it was nip and tuck.

MOWOG

What hunt?
Good point! :lol:

It's true there will be no hunt this year, but perhaps someday in the future, if Bernie will be kind enough to pass on and go that great Hermann Tilke racing circuit in the sky, competition will return to our beloved sport? [-o<
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

xDama
xDama

Great spot. Another testament of the ridiculous consistency of the stewards. I'm getting really frustrated with their downright embarrassing calls these days.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

iotar__

Penalty for Rosberg, are you kidding? Ignoring yellows in Silverstone, collision with Massa in Hungary etc. , and going back to Ham-Spa - no other driver around, kerbs slowing down and no gain (clearly not the case again) :wink: . Is suddenly Hungary becoming "controversial"? But it was such a clear case for every pseudo journalist around: Allen, Saward, AMuS, Brundle (OK I'll shut up about it now).

Seriously:
- as mentioned above - depends on briefing decisions
- I would separate qualifying, race wheel to wheel, and race on your own incidents of going off track, although this one was cutting the corner type, different.

Gerhardsa

Its also interesting to see that Rosberg carries more speed through the corners (at the apex) than Vettel, but Vettel gets on the power so much earlier, that by the time they are at the out of the corner, he is already a considerable amount of kph up on Rosberg. This also tells me he does the "slow in fast out" a bit better than Rosberg.
Very cool vid that.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Gerhardsa wrote:Its also interesting to see that Rosberg carries more speed through the corners (at the apex) than Vettel, but Vettel gets on the power so much earlier, that by the time they are at the out of the corner, he is already a considerable amount of kph up on Rosberg. This also tells me he does the "slow in fast out" a bit better than Rosberg.
Very cool vid that.
When you have a car that seemingly wins every award in traction/down force, trying to maintain highest possible entry speed is probably more of an option for Red Bull than it is a necessity.

kledaras
kledaras

hamilton also leaves track in eau rouge this year during pole lap. But mercs are untouchable this year from rules standpoint (ROS victory with setting fastest lap of the race during yellows in Silverstone is ridiculous). I think FIA and stewards dont want to punish anyone, if its not redbull, because with penalties redbull would build even bigger advantage.

SectorOne

kledaras wrote:But mercs are untouchable this year from rules standpoint
This is why they were banned from YDT and Hamilton had to give back the spot to Massa right?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Fabi1111
Fabi1111

SectorOne wrote:
kledaras wrote:But mercs are untouchable this year from rules standpoint
This is why they were banned from YDT and Hamilton had to give back the spot to Massa right?
Banned of YDT? That´s not a punishment and you know that. It could be so much worse...