Ferrari 2014 Car Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crabbia
Crabbia

Re: Ferrari 2014 Car Pre-launch Speculation

^^ still makes more sense than F150th Italia.

aleks_ader

Crabbia wrote:^^ still makes more sense than F150th Italia.
I dont know why? 150th Italia clearly represent 150th anniversary of unification of Italian nations under one independent political form...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Dream Theater

I totally don't agree. That name had a lot of sense, in my opinion.

Anyway, I really hope that after the 14:30 CET livestream they'll do a shakedown at the Fiorano circuit.

f1316
f1316

Dream Theater wrote:
I totally don't agree. That name had a lot of sense, in my opinion.

Anyway, I really hope that after the 14:30 CET livestream they'll do a shakedown at the Fiorano circuit.
It made sense when it was the F150 but, after the Ford issue, 'F150th' doesn't really work very well in English (perhaps it's better where you can use the little 'o' symbol to represent it). "Ferrari Italia 150" or something would have scanned better imo.

Spacepace

F 14 tomcat

turbof1

Would be so awesome if they name it F14 Scuderia F1Technicale (no misspel) :wink: .
#AeroFrodo

Crabbia
Crabbia

aleks_ader wrote:
I dont know why? 150th Italia clearly represent 150th anniversary of unification of Italian nations under one independent political form...
I completely understand the 150 part (im second generation italian). Its the "th" or italian ° for fiftith that i found ridiculous. i suppose their hand was forced by Ford but still. OT

Anyway, i initially voted for F166 turbo but i have since changed my mind and put two votes in for F14T.
F 166 Turbo refers only to the engine really, and that format of engine will be in use for the next 5 years. So that name could be true for any car in the following 5 years. It's too general.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

aleks_ader

Crabbia wrote:
aleks_ader wrote:
I completely understand the 150 part (im second generation italian). Its the "th" or italian ° for fiftith that i found ridiculous. i suppose their hand was forced by Ford but still. OT

Anyway, i initially voted for F166 turbo but i have since changed my mind and put two votes in for F14T.
F 166 Turbo refers only to the engine really, and that format of engine will be in use for the next 5 years. So that name could be true for any car in the following 5 years. It's too general.
No it is NOT than you just continue like in old days! like that:

2015: F 166 C1
2016: F 166 C2
2017: F 166 C3
etc.

:D I really miss that....
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

astracrazy
astracrazy

I voted for F14T. The other names F166 you'd expect that to be the name for the engine.

Maybe they will continue, F15T etc.

on a side note, would be a nice touch if other teams included the T as well (bit old school). E22T, RB10T, MP4-29T

el-Magico
el-Magico

I voted for:
el-Magico wrote:166 F1 or F146
Quote of the year: "almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap..."

hecti
hecti

This nose does not adhere to the regulations. See the picture below:

scarbs
scarbs

@Hecti,
Your drawing is not quite right one regard, where you say 'no bodywork above this line', that actually means no crash structure above the line, above this vanity panels are allowed .

3.7.9 Any bodywork situated above the impact absorbing structure defined by Article 15.4.3 or
above the survival cell, and forward of the line B-B, must be of prescribed laminate, details of
this laminate may be found in the Appendix to the Technical Regulations.

enri_the_red
enri_the_red

scarbs wrote:@Hecti,
Your drawing is not quite right one regard, where you say 'no bodywork above this line', that actually means no crash structure above the line, above this vanity panels are allowed .

3.7.9 Any bodywork situated above the impact absorbing structure defined by Article 15.4.3 or
above the survival cell, and forward of the line B-B, must be of prescribed laminate, details of
I don't see the error in that drawing
art 3.7.9 (1st paragraph ) says "bodywork" not "crash structure"

SectorOne

And what the FIA clarifies is bodywork is this,
1.4 Bodywork :
All entirely sprung parts of the car in contact with the external air stream, except cameras,
camera housings and the parts definitely associated with the mechanical functioning of the
engine, transmission and running gear. Airboxes, radiators and engine exhausts are considered
to be part of the bodywork.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

enri_the_red wrote:
scarbs wrote:@Hecti,

I don't see the error in that drawing
art 3.7.9 (1st paragraph ) says "bodywork" not "crash structure"
3.7.9 states that you can have bodywork over that line, but it must be of the "prescribed laminate", not that no bodywork is allowed