will there be a new team in F1?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Daliracing

will there be a new team in F1?

on the homepage i saw the fia want to fill the free slot of HRT. will there be a new team and which do you guys think it will be?

ScottB

Re: will there be a new team in F1?

I'd think a lot rides on this budget cap actually being formally agreed.

Wouldn't want to come in on an assumption like the last 3 did then watch the other teams carry on spending...

Daliracing

ScottB wrote:I'd think a lot rides on this budget cap actually being formally agreed.

Wouldn't want to come in on an assumption like the last 3 did then watch the other teams carry on spending...
true but will it be easier for a new team? because off the rules. i know 2015 could be the year when a new team enters but if they make a quick dessision and start building a car

xpensive

My vote would be F1 Technical Racing, with Steven as TP, myself as TD, TC as ED, DaveW as SD and richard as PR-spokesperson!

Munudeges should do just fine with sponsorhip relations, picking up Genii, Shampoo and Venezuela moneys.

Fox can easily handle anything to do with MrE and the FOM.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Hail22

xpensive wrote:My vote would be F1 Technical Racing, with Steven as TP, myself as TD, TC as ED, DaveW as SD and richard as PR-spokesperson!

Munudeges should do just fine with sponsorhip relations, picking up Genii, Shampoo and Venezuela moneys.

There may be a handful of members on here who represent or are directly involved in sponsorship in Formula 1 ;) so its not entirely far fetched....
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Daliracing

Hail22 wrote:
xpensive wrote:My vote would be F1 Technical Racing, with Steven as TP, myself as TD, TC as ED, DaveW as SD and richard as PR-spokesperson!

There may be a handful of members on here who represent or are directly involved in sponsorship in Formula 1 ;) so its not entirely far fetched....
that would just be nice ;)

xpensive

There you go Hail22, while I forgot having JT as Director of Grips, in order to straighten Pirelli out once and for all.

Hail22

Daliracing wrote:
Hail22 wrote:

that would just be nice ;)
It may be too late, to submit a successful application we'd need to organise a meeting to discuss and create a well constructed and managed budget that would not be seen as a "Quantum" type flop. That and we'd need someone on this forum who is an actuary to analyze and identify financial risk etc...the list goes on! >.<

However I do believe team USA will take a crack at this opportunity, and I have a feeling we may see a return of an old team.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Daliracing

an old team woub be nice. but which one? there were roumors back in 2009-2010 that brabham would come back or atleast the name.

xpensive

@Hail22; I hope you are hot referring to anything related to a certain "Anderson"?

But seriously, I could imagine Tomba go through CVs and gather those with pertinent background, confidentially of course?

Hail22

Daliracing wrote:an old team woub be nice. but which one? there were roumors back in 2009-2010 that brabham would come back or atleast the name.
You could see any of the following come back due to the new Formula and "hopeful" budget cap:

- Ford (they are hard at work on their ecoboost technology, so it could be rewarding to join Formula 1)
- Honda (despite coming back in an engine supplier capacity they are bringing the NSX back to production so that could be a positive for a return of the works team?)
- Toyota
Last edited by Hail22 on 11 Dec 2013, 23:45, edited 2 times in total.

Gilles Villeneuve

Hail22

xpensive wrote:@Hail22; I hope you are hot referring to anything related to a certain "Anderson"?

But seriously, I could imagine Tomba go through CVs and gather those with pertinent background, confidentially of course?
No not at all, in my opinion to make a successful submission you'd roughly need 6-8 months in order to setup the team, budget, factory location (lease or ownership basis) a wind tunnel to lease, a design team, mechanics (the recruitment process takes a significant amount of time unless you have the crew on hand).

Gilles Villeneuve

xpensive

Details...party-pooper...

Daliracing

Hail22 wrote:
Daliracing wrote:an old team woub be nice. but which one? there were roumors back in 2009-2010 that brabham would come back or atleast the name.
You could see any of the following come back due to the new Formula and "hopeful" budget cap:

- Ford (they are hard at work on their ecoboost technology, so it could be rewarding to join Formula 1)
- Honda (despite coming back in an engine supplier capacity they are bringing the NSX back to production so that could be a positive for a return of the works team?)
- Toyota
and teams like: lola, prodrive and scorpion racing which were said they would buy HRT?

Just_a_fan

FIA want an extra team, Bernie/CVC want one less team than now... should be interesting to watch.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.