Rotpfeile

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

Rotpfeile

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Yea, it's a huge move in sponsorship, and a real kick in the groin for Ferrari. Vodaphone wants to only sponsor just the best teams, and for them to drop Ferrari is an indication of how much last year's poor performance has tarnished Ferrari's reputation.
Additionally, this has an impact on how Ferrari pays Schumacher's salary. Actually, Ferrari paid very little of Shu's incredible salary, most of it came from major sponsors.
It's a huge coup for Mclaren, and a setback for Ferrari.

RH1300S
RH1300S

A brilliant coup for Ron and his merry men. Interestingly (for the conspiracists :twisted: ) - Ross Brawn has started making louder noises about F1 needing to cut costs and urgently.

I'd like think that RB was bright enough to be saying that without a hidden agenda - I'm sure manchild has another idea :wink:

wowf1
wowf1

I don't know though, I feel as though I've lost some respect for Mclaren (even though I love them lol) by signing a sponsorship deal with a company that's already in F1. I can appreciate the coup of pinching Ferrari's title sponsor, but for me, I would prefer to see new markets and new companies being introduced. I especially liked the prospect of 'Intel Mclaren Mercedes' as it was rumoured to be for a while. Pharmaceuticals and Electronics are probably the future sponsors of F1, but I've never liked Vodafone, so they've tarnished Mclaren for me a bit.

f1.redbaron

...makes you wonder what the new paint scheme will look like.

wowf1, I think you can say 'goodbye' to Intel. They were saying how unhappy they were that F1 was leaning more towards its rival - AMD!

manchild
manchild

RH1300S wrote:A brilliant coup for Ron and his merry men. Interestingly (for the conspiracists :twisted: ) - Ross Brawn has started making louder noises about F1 needing to cut costs and urgently.

I'd like think that RB was bright enough to be saying that without a hidden agenda - I'm sure manchild has another idea :wink:
:-#

Apex
Apex

Is my old friend mr j walker not sponsoring McLaren?

manchild
manchild

Apex wrote:Is my old friend mr j walker not sponsoring McLaren?
They are just sponsoring Kimi Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Scuderia_Russ

wowf1 wrote:I especially liked the prospect of 'Intel Mclaren Mercedes' as it was rumoured to be for a while.
It's Intel Sauber BMW now.