Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Can we now re-name this thread to Mclaren Honda F1 Team? Thanks
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

turbof1

bauc wrote:Can we now re-name this thread to Mclaren Honda F1 Team? Thanks
Nope. This is the 2014 team thread; we'll make a 2015 team thread in the near future.
#AeroFrodo

bauc

turbof1 wrote:
bauc wrote:Can we now re-name this thread to Mclaren Honda F1 Team? Thanks
Nope. This is the 2014 team thread; we'll make a 2015 team thread in the near future.
Noted. Thanks
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

They made the right driver choice then. This rumour that they had data that showed Kevin was faster must have been somewhat dubious. If it was true then its a classic case of too much staring at a screen and not enough actually looking at the real world, which seems to be something weather forecasters have started.

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

If you beleive that you'll believe anything. Its certainly not the impression either Ron or Eric has given over recent weeks.

siskue2005

WaikeCU wrote:
What about driving styles? Jenson's driving style is much smoother than Alonso's. Alonso sets his car up with very direct steering imo. I think Vettel and Raikkonen have similar driving styles.

Any idea what sponsors Alonso is bringing to Mclaren? I hear Santander, Movistar alot. What about Repsol since Honda have Repsol in MotoGP?
Button and Alnso likes understeery car, i guess they both would gel well together in terms of setup
Just like Kimi and Vettel IMO

langwadt
langwadt

siskue2005 wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
What about driving styles? Jenson's driving style is much smoother than Alonso's. Alonso sets his car up with very direct steering imo. I think Vettel and Raikkonen have similar driving styles.

Any idea what sponsors Alonso is bringing to Mclaren? I hear Santander, Movistar alot. What about Repsol since Honda have Repsol in MotoGP?
Button and Alnso likes understeery car, i guess they both would gel well together in terms of setup
I think Peter Windsor kinda touched on that in one of his videos, saying Kevin drove superbly in Australia with a loose rear but as the season progressed and it was tamed to Jensons liking it didn't really work for him

Juzh

siskue2005 wrote: Button and Alnso likes understeery car, i guess they both would gel well together in terms of setup
Wat? How about button's endless complains about understeer over the radio literally every session and every race over and over?
Alonso likes understeer, yes. He also likes oversteer just as much.

turbof1

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Button & Alonso)

#AeroFrodo

sriraj1031
sriraj1031

I have a funny feeling that Alonso will lag behind button in 2015, which inturn will dent Alonsos' chances of getting a Mercedes seat the following year

nacho
nacho

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Button & Alonso)

Anyone critisizing Magnussen should remember he had his first season and not even any GP2 experience or extensive pre-season testing like top team rookies before.

Facts Only
Facts Only

Surely the Santander money played a massive role in this, with rumour that Ron Dennis was trying (and I assume failing) to get Danish sponsors so Magnussen could drive I guess that the need for the Satander sponsorship of Button (and Alonso) won out.

Santander are pushing hard in the UK with Button as a face and sponsoring the British GP maybe McLaren will have Santander as the title sponsor next year? Their white and red colours are also a throw back to the McLaren/Honda glory days of old.

All speculation of course
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Thunder

Dennis on lengths of Button and Alonso deals: "What I can say with both is they are plural not singular."

James Galloway

Ronspeak is truly amazing... ^^
But anyway, i am extremely excited for the whole McLaren-Honda-Button-Alonso-awesomesauce.... thing next Season. Could be an Epic Battle.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mikeerfol

I believe JB is on a 2 year contract.