Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
danielk
danielk

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

The merchandise at the moment just looks like drawings. its a little bit confusing. They have not disclosed pictures of the actual merchandise. so maybe they are just using these grey drawings so as not to reveal anything?? I hope so! surely that would be a massive headache if they dont have a sponsor!

There is allot of empty space on them shirts :o

turbof1

Interesting. They moved all the normal sponsor to the sides, including also the mclaren logo, leaving a huge space open.

Either they have nothing, or they caught a big fish.
#AeroFrodo

ScottB
ScottB

Could just be placeholders, but would be a very strange move. Why stick up designs today, then have to pull them on Friday? And people can buy these now.

No title sponsor it seems.

Kiril Varbanov

Rumours of Brawn return to McLaren grow - http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport ... 42073.html

kevski
kevski

The website does say that it's a "selection" of the 2014 team ware...

turbof1

Remember that sponsors can come and go during the season too; teams don't ussually edit their wear for commercial sales for that. Mclaren can perfectly be selling these cloths yet unveil a title sponsor friday.

Or they have squad. But it is entertaining that mclaren is riddling this in secrety. Why no launch at the mclaren technology centre for example, if they have no sponsor? Why not a press release "we have no title sponsor next year" and be done with it?
#AeroFrodo

Holm86

I have a very hard time believing that McLaren wont have a title sponsor. Its just too big a brand.

turbof1

Exactly. It should be an actractive team for sponsors. Mclaren isn't a financial pit that has to be damped; money put in the team will be used for developing the car. It can't be that hard for mclaren to find a good sponsor.
#AeroFrodo

Holm86

turbof1 wrote:Exactly. It should be an actractive team for sponsors. Mclaren isn't a financial pit that has to be damped; money put in the team will be used for developing the car. It can't be that hard for mclaren to find a good sponsor.
And they've had over 1 year to negotiate a new deal. I find i very unlikely that they havent been able to get anything.

Thunder

The only thing i could imagine is Honda wants to be the Main Sponsor from next Year on and they didn't find a replacement for Vodafone that only signs for 1 Year. I admit it sounds strange but i don't have any other Ideas why McLaren would go without a Main Sponsor.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Pup
Pup

The fact that the replica team gear is being presented as drawings (replica replica team wear?) is a pretty good indication that they put off the design as long as they could. To me, that says that they've been in negotiations with a potential title sponsor but weren't able to work a deal.

Another thought is that while they knew they weren't running with a sponsor, Ron might have nixed whatever design/color scheme Martin had approved.
Last edited by Pup on 20 Jan 2014, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

wow, that team wear is extremely boring. could've looked much less boring with just a simply hint of red or a red stripe across. hell, a big red swoosh would've done the job.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

adrianjordan

They had teamwear last year without sponsors on...

http://www.mclarenstore.com/en/uk/2013- ... vt/tm2047/
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

miguelalvesreis
miguelalvesreis

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Rumours of Brawn return to McLaren grow - http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport ... 42073.html
Honestely, don´t quite see how Brawn will be able to work with Ron. Both are too eager to run the show!

Brawn on trackside? Ron loves it! It would be too messy between those two! Just my HO.

McG

Holm86 wrote:I have a very hard time believing that McLaren wont have a title sponsor. Its just too big a brand.
It probably won't be a title sponsor. It will probably remain titled McLaren Mercedes. Will they have a main sponsor is the question.

This is of course if it is a new one year sponsor, I can't see McLaren changing their title for one year. It might just be one of the remaining sponsors stepping up for a year and using up some space.

But who knows.
F1 is dead.