Lotus E22 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Racer X

Re: Lotus E22 Renault

The cars are ugly so far but out of all the cars I like the Lotus right now I can't wait to see the RecBull and Mercedez but also I can't wait to see them all on track But this one looks very tightly packed.

I really like what Lotus has done with the side pods and well let's see how that nose works out..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

ecapox

Are we all assuming that the side pods will truly be that tight once a real car materializes?

NathanOlder

So if this nose is a better solution, surely its pretty simple for the rest to copy ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PhillipM
PhillipM

Who says it's better?

And the nose sets your whole car philosophy, swapping and changing isn't that easy, it's like these people saying the Ferrari will suck because it has pull-rod front suspension - a car works as a system, not a collection of single parts.

Neno
Neno

NathanOlder wrote:So if this nose is a better solution, surely its pretty simple for the rest to copy ?
sure it's not, this solution if anybody want's to copy it will require new nose structure, which means passing the crash test. Changing your own car design in beginning/middle of season, simply for copying the nose solution, requires not only money, but also unexpected new car devolopment. Also Lotus will attend car test only from Bahrein, so nobody will know if this solution works or not.

In fact we only get render of car, we dont know will it really looks like that. Last year in this time we got renders of E21 and it turn to be just E20 mockup render with some new regulations rules. So, will wait and see.

beelsebob
beelsebob

NathanOlder wrote:So if this nose is a better solution, surely its pretty simple for the rest to copy ?
What makes you think that? The airflow off the nose determines the placement of every single component down the car.

This image says it all:

Look how accurately that vortex hits the turning vein. Really, you can't just change the front of the car, and expect the rest to work well.

radosav
radosav

So the nick name of this car could be ..... THE FORK ???

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

radosav wrote:So the nick name of this car could be ..... THE FORK ???
Then we'll have to find out if it's forking quick or forking slow.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Sobek
Sobek

I am embarrassed to admit it, for certain reason I would nickname it 'camel toe'... 8)

Just saying....

PlatinumZealot

Oh yes. I read that reddit page when that guy was there... That's the first thing that the car reminded me off.. the "doubledicks" dude from reddit. Two wangs. That was a distrubing page for sure! And so far this car is the most disturbing of the lot!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

djos

Lotus E22 Renault

n smikle wrote:Oh yes. I read that reddit page when that guy was there... That's the first thing that the car reminded me off.. the "doubledicks" dude from reddit. Two wangs. That was a distrubing page for sure! And so far this car is the most disturbing of the lot!
Maybe we should refer to it as the "DDN"* from now on? :D

*Double Dick Nose
"In downforce we trust"

madly
madly

So, for the rest of the field we should born a new term: SDN (Single Dick Nose)? :shock:

roadie

djos wrote:
n smikle wrote:Oh yes. I read that reddit page when that guy was there... That's the first thing that the car reminded me off.. the "doubledicks" dude from reddit. Two wangs. That was a distrubing page for sure! And so far this car is the most disturbing of the lot!
Maybe we should refer to it as the "DDN"* from now on? :D

*Double Dick Nose
Seconded.

stefan_
stefan_

SDN, DDN, DRS, DRD, ERS... many terms to be remembered this year
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

djos

Lotus E22 Renault

stefan_ wrote:SDN, DDN, DRS, DRD, ERS... many terms to be remembered this year
I uses to work in the IT dept of a Large British Defence contractor and we had acronym overload to the point that some acronyms meant different things depending on wether you were talking about a defence project or IT subject.

So of course we had an acronym for that too....

ARE

Acronym Rich Environment

:D
"In downforce we trust"