Excessive pics in car threads

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
McG

Re: Red Bull RB10 Renault

Calm it with the picture posting.
F1 is dead.

SMRr

McG wrote:Calm it with the picture posting.
More picture please

Owen.C93

If you've got a picture to post you should have something to say about it.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

McG

Owen.C93 wrote:If you've got a picture to post you should have something to say about it.
I agree. This has already been discussed.
F1 is dead.

Manoah2u

Owen.C93 wrote:If you've got a picture to post you should have something to say about it.
because? :roll:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Owen.C93

Manoah2u wrote:
Because there are websites that host F1 pictures if you want to look at them. These threads are for technical discussions and you can bring a picture in to help with that if you need to. It's not really about posting the same 50 pictures of a sidepod IMO.

Mandrake

I come here for pictures as well. People, especially Stefan, are doing an outstanding job collecting pictures from all over the internet to put them into the individual car thread. F1T is my single source of information and that is good that way.

I do not have any problems with reading the forum from a mobile device either.....3G, 4G or WiFi at home, page loading times are only marginally longer than at my desktop pc.

So please all you Picture poster, keep up the good work!

Shakeman

+1 to the picture posters.

The only caveat is not to keep posting the same image and same angles but keep posting images that add to the conversation.
Pics are good.

McG

Shakeman wrote:+1 to the picture posters.

The only caveat is not to keep posting the same image and same angles but keep posting images that add to the conversation.
Pics are good.
Seriously though, I came here to read intelligent discussion about the Red Bull. I'm not a fan of the team but I read up on all the cars. The pictures when posted multiple times is junk.
F1 is dead.

fawe4

Mandrake wrote:I come here for pictures as well. People, especially Stefan, are doing an outstanding job collecting pictures from all over the internet to put them into the individual car thread. F1T is my single source of information and that is good that way.

I do not have any problems with reading the forum from a mobile device either.....3G, 4G or WiFi at home, page loading times are only marginally longer than at my desktop pc.

So please all you Picture poster, keep up the good work!
=D> Would upvote if I could.

ringo

Sometimes i prefer the pictures and not the words to be honest. I'm not sure about the forum rules, but i don't see why posting pictures of the car in it's thread is a crime. It's an archive for people who want to see certain features of the car so no harm done in my opinion. Maybe i'm illiterate, but skipping the words till i see pictures is sometimes what i do.
For Sure!!

Manoah2u

Owen.C93 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
Because there are websites that host F1 pictures if you want to look at them. These threads are for technical discussions and you can bring a picture in to help with that if you need to. It's not really about posting the same 50 pictures of a sidepod IMO.
agree with you there yes, didn't understand that comment before, now i do.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

djos

Excessive pics in car threads

And picture posters, if they are new and show new developments please keep posting them!
"In downforce we trust"

Alonso Fan

djos wrote:And picture posters, if they are new and show new developments please keep posting them!
i agree. Since when has Richard ever told anyone off for posting pictures on the forum?

i agree that pictures should be posted here of the car on its topic, even if the poster doesn't say anything about it, because it gives the clever ones a chance to comment on it and shed some light on what's going on etc. If i posted a picture, i wouldn't know what to talk about and if it would be relevant. I would just post the picture and nothing else so that those who know about these things can comment on it and shed some light on updates etc.

so, keep the pictures rolling guys, and thanks for all the hard work you are doing, i come here to these forums for al my picture that i need

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Owen.C93

So ask a question if you want to know anything about what you posted. 90% of the images come from sutton and there's at least 4 other people that go to suttonimages.com looking for interesting shots :). If you want to post pictures from alternative places such as twitter, flickr, facebook or google+ then please do because nobody bothers to check there.

Just mindlessly posting 5 similar angles of the engine cover is probably going to make it hard for people who come to this thread for updates on the car to be able follow.