2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
frosty125
frosty125

Re: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

What sort of temperatures are expected during qualifying and the race?

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

frosty125 wrote:What sort of temperatures are expected during qualifying and the race?
Um: http://goo.gl/aSLzP8

oT v1
oT v1

ChrisDanger wrote:
frosty125 wrote:What sort of temperatures are expected during qualifying and the race?
Um: http://goo.gl/aSLzP8
ohhhh its beautiful, finally a dry quali.
The Power of Dreams

Phillyred
Phillyred

It's been reported by drivers up and down the grid that is much harder to closely follow cars because of the reduced downforce. DRS will always be more effective on certain tracks, but until the cars get back some of the lost DF and also increasing tractability out of corners we will continue to see less over-taking.

zoro_f1

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

lewishamilton90
lewishamilton90

1)rosberg 2)hamilton 3)vettel 4)bottas 5)magnussen

Gerhardsa

Hamilton, Rosberg, Vettel, Ricciardo....
Then the rest, maybe the Williams boys and Ferrari fighting for 5th place here...

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Beautiful picture that nicely shows the lie that F1 is trying to become "green". So much wasted energy to light up a circuit just so Bernie can have night time entertainment...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Töm87
Töm87

gray41 wrote:I think DRS has been a bit underwhelming so far.
DRS is the biggest joke in the history of F1, the more underwhelming it is, the better.

blokkie
blokkie

Töm87 wrote:
DRS is the biggest joke in the history of F1, the more underwhelming it is, the better.
I found the adjustable front wing flaps even more of a joke.
But to be honest , the DRS is also kind of used in supercars where the rear-spoiler is activated after a curtain speed so it's a least a bit representable in the real word(tm)

Töm87
Töm87

blokkie wrote:
Töm87 wrote:
I found the adjustable front wing flaps even more of a joke.
But to be honest , the DRS is also kind of used in supercars where the rear-spoiler is activated after a curtain speed so it's a least a bit representable in the real word(tm)
Ohhh, to be fair the adjustable front wing, i totally forgot about it. It never really was afactor at all.

DTM is also using DRS know.
Only shows what joke the series is. They are always exactly copying what F1 does.

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Lazy
Lazy

Just_a_fan wrote:
Beautiful picture that nicely shows the lie that F1 is trying to become "green". So much wasted energy to light up a circuit just so Bernie can have night time entertainment...
I have it on good authority that the lighting is powered by batteries charged with solar power during the day. Although a quich google search has provided no confirmation of this.

MBilcke

still, it remains a waste of energy, which would be more useful elsewhere ... the more because it is green energy !

mrluke
mrluke

MBilcke wrote:still, it remains a waste of energy, which would be more useful elsewhere ... the more because it is green energy !
Not really because the circuit would not be paying for the solar power generation / storage if it was nothing to do with the race, therefore it would not be financed to be used elsewhere.