look out for that Cosworth

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
jgredline

look out for that Cosworth

I have said for along time and even though I am not a williams fan, since JPM left, its good to see them running good. Mario T of BMW new that Williams would be quicker than BMW because he knew how much they screwed them.
Williams is a good dark horse
http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html
To finish first, first you must finish.

johny

BMW this year is basically Sauber, it's obvious that williams is going to outpace them

m3_lover

In the short run it will be Williams, but in the long run (2 or 3 years) it will be BMW as they will have more resources then Williams at that time. It will be more like a Honda and Toyota evoluation where they just need time and races to improve there car.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

West
West

Williams better win...

I don't know if BMW will outpace Williams in the future because Williams has more experience and they are supposedly getting Toyota engines in the future.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

manchild
manchild

If Williams becomes serious opposition to Toyota in 2006 why on earth would Toyota sell good engines to Williams for 2007 if that would ruin their own F1 plans?!

Yesterday, Williams was second fastest V8 after Renault, the other day they were fastest... if Cosworth does the job there is no point to desire Toyota engines which haven't proven anything yet but reliability.

If you go to war against someone than you don't sell them your own weapon or buy any from them - that is pure logic.

BTW, I can't wait to see Williams kicking some snobbish asses, especially BMW and Honda.

johny

i don't know why they've to forget cosworth engines. They maybe couldn't spend loads of bucks in R&D but their engines are powerful and realiable so why don't a long term agree between williams and cosworth (good all days) :D

RH1300S
RH1300S

manchild wrote:If Williams becomes serious opposition to Toyota in 2006 why on earth would Toyota sell good engines to Williams for 2007 if that would ruin their own F1 plans?!

Yesterday, Williams was second fastest V8 after Renault, the other day they were fastest... if Cosworth does the job there is no point to desire Toyota engines which haven't proven anything yet but reliability.

If you go to war against someone than you don't sell them your own weapon or buy any from them - that is pure logic.

BTW, I can't wait to see Williams kicking some snobbish asses, especially BMW and Honda.
Hear, hear!!

If Cosworth does the job, why couldn't Williams look to bring a manufacturer in to run branded Cossy engines? (Mercedes/Ilmor) Seems to me that any second string engine supply (non-works) you run the risk of not being QUITE up there with developments with your supplier. I don't actually buy the idea that an engine supplier wouldn't let their non-works engine team win, the engine in the back still carries their name (Williams/Toyota for example), I'm sure there is more to be gained from some form of win rather than the negative press of supplying second rate engines.

jezzwa

unless you are ferrari of course :lol:
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

HF1
HF1

> BTW, I can't wait to see Williams kicking some snobbish asses, especially BMW and Honda.

I'm not sure how "snobish" applies to Honda, but anyway you'll have to (wait) :lol:

joseff

I think he meant Jenson not Honda.

The FW28 seems to be posting respectable times... maybe their automagic gearbox is that good then.

manchild
manchild

I meant Honda and for thing I already explained here on several occasions - for quiting deal with Williams back in the '80s simply because (as they explained) - "disabled person will not run team supplied with our engines" (after Sir Frank Williams had accident)

:roll:

That is why 1992 was so sweet for Sir Frank Williams and whole team.

HF1
HF1

That's not exactly snobish. Snobish is to drive Porsches and Ferraris (at 10% of the car's abilities) just to show status. Honda doesen't have that image.
manchild wrote:"disabled person will not run team supplied with our engines" (after Sir Frank Williams had accident)
I assume you are quoting, what is the source? As far as I know it was a disagreement over driver lineup. Honda wanted Senna and Frank didn't wanna listen.

manchild
manchild

I read that in printed history of Williams F1 I got from Williams F1 public relations almost 10 years ago. Those might not be the exact words of people from Honda but that was the reason why Honda left - they considered that disabled man can't run the team (they didn't won't to try it after Sir Frank had accident).

manchild
manchild

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s169/s ... ?fromrss=1
Honda: We're trailing behind Cosworth

Honda's F1 engine effort is trailing behind that of rivals Cosworth, according to Honda Racing Development's Engineering Director, Shuhei Nakamoto.

"At the moment Cosworth has done a good job and we are trailing behind them," explained Nakamoto to Autosport.com. "We should be able to produce better engines than we have now.

"If we had the engine of that level in our car, then probably we will be able to beat Renault," he continued. "But we have not, so we have got some work to do."

While Honda's testing times have been encouraging, Renault have managed to top each test, albeit by a slim margin. At this week's Jerez test, Button ended up just 0.108s behind Fernando Alonso. In contrast, the fastest Cosworth powered car, the Williams of Mark Webber, was a further 0.653s behind Button.

"We still have a lot more to come from fine tuning the chassis and the engine," added Nakamoto, "and I think we are much closer to the performance of 2004. In fact, we should be better as we have gained experience in 2005 so we will not make the mistakes we made in 2004."
Last edited by manchild on 11 Feb 2006, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

Honda deserve credit for that attitude. For comparison only a month ago Mercedes were trying to convince us they were runninng V10s because: you see, V8 wouldn't fit in the old chassis =D>