Some vintage F1 videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jgredline

Some vintage F1 videos

For those of us who are old enough to have watched formula 1 in the 80's and early 90's when the drivers trully made 80% of the differance these videos will be a joy to view.
http://www.pro4machineworks.com/home.html :D
To finish first, first you must finish.

manchild

That one of Mansell pushing car and collapsing should really be an example for current F1 drivers what it means to give 100% performance!

http://www.pro4machineworks.com/Video/v ... allas.mpeg

Scuderia_Russ

Bloody drama queen :lol:

monkeyboy1976

:lol:

must admit though, he was a REAL racer.

West

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Bloody drama queen :lol:
Haha

I hate drama queens.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

manchild

Why "drama queen"?

Are you joking with that or really mean it?

If you're serious than I'm speachless... during that push Mansell showed more effort for his team than all F1 drivers together in previous 10 years.

jgredline

When I saw that race and saw Mansell pushing that car accross the line, I was hooked on F1 and Mansell forever. He is as pure a racer as there ever will be.
What he did in CART after his world title was nothing short of spectacular.
He was on pole and won his first race when CART was a real organization.
The CART cars were more powerful, heavier, less brakes and he addapted quickly.

Spencifer_Murphy

Mansell was something else. "Our Nige" was the first home grown GP talent I ever watched, and his near misses got me hooked on F1 . And his 92 success left me euphroic. He was a real blood and guts racer, showed true passion for what he did, and sometimes pushed a little too hard to win...mush like Senna, although not quite so biblically fast.

Thts one of the reasons why I like JPM so much, he's passionate ina visible way also. I'm not saying Schumi isnt passionate...course he is...but you dont often see it quite as much as some other drivers thats all.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Tom

I'm gonna cause a riot here, but I can agree that Nige was a drama queen.

He always seemed to be moaning about somethin, and fair enough, he had bad luck, but so did other drivers.

However that doesn't take away from the fact that he was bloody fast, extreamly commited and his passion for racing was unmatched by any other racer then or since him.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Scuderia_Russ

Tom wrote:I'm gonna cause a riot here, but I can agree that Nige was a drama queen.
He would have made a good actor put it that way. He was very theatrical.

Spencifer_Murphy

True...he was, and he did whinge often, but it just goes to show the lengths he'd go to to express what he felt...at least he was open and wasn't shut up by political correctness or PR managers.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

jgredline

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:True...he was, and he did whinge often, but it just goes to show the lengths he'd go to to express what he felt...at least he was open and wasn't shut up by political correctness or PR managers.
Well said

Tom

OK, I'll give you that.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

fwa2500

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:True...he was, and he did whinge often, but it just goes to show the lengths he'd go to to express what he felt...at least he was open and wasn't shut up by political correctness or PR managers.
very true.......if theres one thing i hate currently, its how hardly any drivers talk about thier previous teams due to contracts.......

strad

Re: some vintage F1 videos

Cool...
Nige..Can we ever forget Australia 1986?
small video 19.7 Mb..How large a videos can we post? Is there a limit?
click photo to play
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss