Some vintage F1 videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
strad

Re: some vintage F1 videos

Perhaps someone will appriceate this...maybe not..
Golden Years of F1..581 Mb 55 min
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Re: Some vintage F1 videos

Juan Manuel Fangio scored his final - and most famous - Grand Prix victory in the German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring.
Seeing his primary rivals, the Ferraris of Mike Hawthorn and Peter Collins, had taken on a full fuel load, Fangio decided to start the race with a half tank of fuel and soft tires. After Fangio and his nimble Maserati 250F built up a 30 second lead over the Ferraris in the first 13 laps, he then ducked into the pits. A problem changing tires sent Fangio back to third place, 48 seconds behind Collins, as he exited the pit lane.
In one of the most heroic comebacks in racing history, Fangio broke the Nurburgring lap record 9 times over the next 10 laps, catching and passing the 'Mon Ami Mates' on the final lap, solidifying his fifth World Championship
click photo for video
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

1979 Brazil
After a year away in Rio de Janeiro, the F1 circus returned to Interlagos, where major upgrading work had been done although the drivers were still complaining about bumps on the newly-surfaced track. The field was the same as it had been in Argentina a fortnight earlier and once again it was the two Ligiers which were dominant with pole position going to Jacques Laffite once again and Patrick Depailler alongside him on the front row.
click photo
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

1979 Argentina
""Everyone was expecting continued Lotus domination as the 26 entries began practice in Buenos Aires and so there was some surprise when the two Ligiers emerged as the pacesetters, the French team having figured out the most effective form of ground-effect. Laffite took pole position with Depailler second.""
click photo Image
Sir Stirling Moss

Trailer23

strad

79 Kyalami
Since the dominant Ligier performances in South America the opposition had been working hard to perfect ground-effect technology and Ferrari had two of the new 312 T4 chassis ready for Jody Scheckter and Gilles Villeneuve. There were no changes in the driver lineup but after practice there was the rather surprising sight of the old Renault RS1 of Jean-Pierre Jabouille on pole position
click photo for video
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

1979 Zandvoort
The Formula 1 circus arrived in Zandvoort with Williams in dominant form, the team having won three successive victories at Silverstone, Hockenheim and Zeltweg. The scoring system meant that each driver could keep only his four best finishes from each half of the season and as Jones had collected only four points at the midway point he knew that his maximum score for the year would be 40 points. Jody Scheckter had amassed 30 points in the first part of the season and so Jones was not really a threat and the South African had picked up five points and needed only six more to be sure of beating Jones. The threat to Ferrari from Ligier and Lotus had faded completely. Scheckter's only real challenge therefore came from his teammate Gilles Villeneuve but as he was the Ferrari number two driver, Scheckter's position was solid
click photo
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

79 Monza
The field was slightly larger than normal at Monza with the return to the World Championship of Alfa Romeo which fielded a new 179 chassis for Bruno Giacomelli and the old 177 for Vittorio Brambilla, back in action for the first time since the crash at Monza the previous season. Ensign decided to give Formula 2 star Marc Surer a run in its car in place of Patrick Gaillard, while Hector Rebaque had his HR100 chassis ready for the first time.
click photo
Sir Stirling Moss

megz

They don't seem to load for me, is there anyway to download them from your site Strad?

strad

They all play when I click on the video...I suppose you could right click and save as..I never push my site but you can join at http://stradsplace.com/forum/index.php? ... e08c9b4b16.
I have just begun rebuilding the site but I add video regularly.
Sir Stirling Moss

Giblet
Giblet

Your site is a treasure trove. I have been impressed with the content, even if it was a little haphazard at times.

EDIT: Watching the video I really miss Murray Walker despite his occasional bouts with chronic overenthusiasm.

"...the most enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and fiercely partisan spectators in the world" in reference to the Tifosi.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

strad

79 Canada
It was the Austrian in the news in Canada, Lauda announcing in the middle of practice that he no longer wanted to be a Formula 1 driver, after completing a few laps in the all-new Brabham-Cosworth BT49. Brabham boss Bernie Ecclestone decided to put Argentina's Ricardo Zunino in the car.
1979 Canadian GP
click photo
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

1979 Watkins Glen
The final race of the season saw a field of 30 cars fighting for 24 grid positions. There were no driver changes and after qualifying Alan Jones, winner of four of the previous five races, was on pole position again. The main interest of the event was whether or not Jones would finish runner-up to the new World Champion Jody Scheckter or whether his Ferrari team mate Gilles Villeneuve would be able to hold him off
Sir Stirling Moss

EAKMotorsports
EAKMotorsports

great videos. thx
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * EAK

strad

1973 Silverstone
Huge accident at the end of the first lap . I have a couple of different versions of this race, but I like the British commentary and the interview with Hunt.
Sir Stirling Moss