Some vintage F1 videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
strad

Re: Some vintage F1 videos

That sounded wrong..It's not like I have everything..but I do have some stuff and you could ask if there is something in particular,,,I may have it.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

kalinka
kalinka

Though it's not F1, so it's a bit off topic, but do you have any Indy-car season overviews, or full races ? I'm particullary interested in anything where Nigel Mansell or J.P. Montoya shows up. The most interesting would be Mansell's rookie-championship ( I think it was 1993 ). Thanks for all those vintage videos on previous pages too !

strad

I have the 500s but very little CART/IRL races...94 Surfers Paradice?
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

kalinka
kalinka

That will do for a start, thanks. Extremely hard to find full race CART videos.

strad

I put it in Other Racing Series here:viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11585
Sir Stirling Moss

terribleone
terribleone

strad- Thank You very much for uploading all of these. Some amazing racing for sure!!

SeijaKessen

strad-

The earlier videos posted do not load...I get a URL doesn't exist message.

I was hoping to watch Fangio!

strad

Yes,,,,some have been taken offline in exchange for others,,,if there is a particular one you'd like I can reload it.
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

After skipping 1949 for reasons that are still not well understood, Alfa Corse returned to Formula 1 in 1950 with the Alfetta 158. With Achille Varzi, Count Felice Trossi and Jean-Pierre Wimille all dead, their places in the team were taken by Giuseppe 'Nino' Farina, Juan Manuel Fangio and Luigi Fagioli. With an average age of 45, this was hardly an injection of youth.

The FIA had announced a new World Championship for 1950, consisting of the five Grandes Épreuves from 1949 plus the Monaco GP. This competition climaxed at Monza with Farina clinching the title after Fangio had two Alfas break under him during the race.

The main competition was from Ferrari, who tried to overwhelm Alfa with numbers at the start of the season, and Maserati's 4CLT. Neither the lumbering Lago-Talbots or the new Simca-Gordinis were anywhere near as quick although reliability sometimes brought some rewards. The Alfetta were dominant: the first three places on almost every grid and enough reliability to be running 1st and 2nd at almost every finish. Only the new Ferrari 375, emerging towards the end of the season, looked like a serious rival.
Sir Stirling Moss

Giblet
Giblet

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

strad

No video...but a great shot
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Ferrari's newer, unsupercharged 4.5 litre cars offered a real challenge to the Alfas, which were nearing the end of their development potential. Although Alfas won four of the European races, with Fangio taking the championship, Ferrari's three victories spelled the end for the Alfas. BRM made their only championship appearance with the V16 at Silverstone, and the old, slow Talbots were increasingly outclassed.

Points were given to top 5 finishers (8, 6, 4, 3, 2). 1 point was given for fastest lap. Only the best four of eight scores counted towards the world championship. Points for shared drives were divided equally between the drivers, regardless of who had driven more laps
click photo for video
Sir Stirling Moss

Giblet
Giblet

strad wrote:No video...but a great shot
There is a classic video in that picture, is there not? :wink:

I will remove it if you want. I wasn't meaning to dilute your thread.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

strad

No No,,,It's a great shot...something I might have done when I was younger..It ain't my thread, although I do hope somebody enjoys the vids I post.
BTW,,the 70s will be going offline soon.
Sir Stirling Moss

Sobek
Sobek

Strad,
I am a long time lurker with no engineering background, but I visit this site pretty much every day and read almost every post. It really opened up a lot of the back-end information regarding F1 I had no idea about.
This thread, and your videos in particular, have been a highlight of last few months. I haven't watched all of them yet, just slowly enjoy them one by one.

Hats off for posting them =D>