Who at F1T actually contacted Ferrari?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
flyboy2160

Who at F1T actually contacted Ferrari?

Ferrari on Alonso: team interest is highest priority
By Balazs Szabo on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:21 am

....The team confirmed to F1technical that the car is the highest priority.

... A team’s spokesperson confirmed to F1technical.net that Ferrari’s sole goal is to pay maximum attention to the car’s development and refuse to waste any time in getting involved in the round of rumours.

“The Team’s priority is to focus on developing and improving the car. Mr Mattiacci and his technical team are pursuing maximum efforts to shorten as much as possible the timeframe needed to get back to the top.”

The spokesperson also added that all the news about Fernando’s potential departure can be regarded as speculations.

"The track speaks facts, the rest are just rumours at the moment."

This clearly implies that the quoted statement was made directly to F1T. To whom was the quote made and who at Ferrari made it?
Last edited by flyboy2160 on 01 Oct 2014, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: grammar

xpensive

Re: Who at F1T actually contacted Ferrari?

And who is Balazs Szabo, an anonymous F1T member or freelancing journo?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

strad

From the members list
BalazsSzaboFormula1 0 Fri May 30, 2014 10:55 pm
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

turbof1

He often writes articles for F1T. He's actually around already for quite a bit of time and does a very good job.

Ferrari used to avoid any individual communication with regular fans. I believe this has changed since a few years, but you still need a bit of luck to get a response. Balazs probably mentioned our site to them to get them bothered to answer. A spokeperson could be anyone from the team, probably their PR department.
#AeroFrodo

Kiril Varbanov

turbof1 wrote:He often writes articles for F1T. He's actually around already for quite a bit of time and does a very good job.

Ferrari used to avoid any individual communication with regular fans. I believe this has changed since a few years, but you still need a bit of luck to get a response. Balazs probably mentioned our site to them to get them bothered to answer. A spokeperson could be anyone from the team, probably their PR department.
Ferrari were quite crappy in handling media communication. Read that as: we will respond to whoever we like. Or not respond at all. Which is absolutely unacceptable in today's world. But, things have changed. Roberta Vallorosi & Stefania Bocchi stepped in harder, led by Renato Bisignani and things just got better. While not replying to individual fan requests is somewhat expected, at least verified media outlets should receive a response. Twitter, however, became a good instrument for them to engage with the public.

On a related note, the way Lotus, Mercedes and especially Red Bull handle media is unprecedented in F1 world.

xpensive

turbof1 wrote:He often writes articles for F1T. He's actually around already for quite a bit of time and does a very good job.

And you seriously believe that he communicated directly with someone at Ferrari, the piece reads more like a press release to me?

Steven
Owner

Balazs contacted Ferrari as a writer for F1technical, and he got a proper reply from their press officer.
I've got the mail btw, so I'm pretty sure :)

Balazs btw is indeed writing for F1technical for a few months already. If any of you would keep an eye on our news, you'd know that (since the author's name is listed above the articles)

Finally, xpensive, don't be stupid. The article says clearly this was confirmed to F1technical. If I let that pass, it's like that. I'm not into making ourselves looking like idiots.

turbof1

Ferrari probably has a standard draft lying around, so anybody who's ask roughly those same questions, gets the same reply, maybe with some words changed.

That being said, as Steven mentioned, it was a direct reply from Ferrari to Balazs. No need to raise credibility question just because you haven't noticed that he writes articles for F1T, even though he's being doing this for months now on a very frequent base.
#AeroFrodo

xpensive

Steven wrote: ...
Finally, xpensive, don't be stupid. The article says clearly this was confirmed to F1technical. If I let that pass, it's like that. I'm not into making ourselves looking like idiots.
Xcuse me, but the article is so poorly written with so little substance, that it was indeed very easy to question its authenticity.

Just read Flyboy's quotes far above and I'm sure you will agree with me.

xpensive

turbof1 wrote:Ferrari probably has a standard draft lying around, so anybody who's ask roughly those same questions, gets the same reply, maybe with some words changed.
I think this is what I tried to suggest above, like a press release on request, thanks turbo.

turbof1

xpensive wrote:
Xcuse me, but the article is so poorly written with so little substance, that it was indeed very easy to question its authenticity.

Mate, what did you expect? Ferrari will never go all out public about internal affairs. The article is written with what Ferrari gave Balazs. He did a fine job with what little he was given.

For more sappy juicy stories, you'll need to follow Belgian Politics, where federal goverment negotations are more a reality soap then attempting to rule the country.
#AeroFrodo

GitanesBlondes

turbof1 wrote:
xpensive wrote:

Mate, what did you expect? Ferrari will never go all out public about internal affairs. The article is written with what Ferrari gave Balazs. He did a fine job with what little he was given.

For more sappy juicy stories, you'll need to follow Belgian Politics, where federal goverment negotations are more a reality soap then attempting to rule the country.
I could do far better if I desired.
"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

turbof1

GitanesBlondes wrote:
I could do far better if I desired.
Opinions differ. You are entitled to your own. Though I don't see just anybody getting answer from Ferrari. Even news sites like ours will have problems to extract something, anything from them. Any individual not in the name of a news site will never get answered in the first place.

Besides, I haven't seen you or anybody complaining about his other articles :wink: . To give a few:
- http://www.f1technical.net/news/19637
- http://www.f1technical.net/news/19636
- http://www.f1technical.net/news/19635
#AeroFrodo

xpensive

turbof1 wrote: ...
Though I don't see just anybody getting answer from Ferrari. Even news sites like ours will have problems to extract something, anything from them. Any individual not in the name of a news site will never get answered in the first place.
Which is perhaps why some members get suspicious when reading articles like that, thanks for your input turbo!

Dragonfly

I'd like to ask Balazs Szabo to provide the transcription of how his name is pronounced. It's Hungarian as far as I can judge. And which is the name and which - the family name. If my memory is not letting me down they write them in reverse order. :)
Thanks.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012