Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
coaster

What happens if you accrue a large number of negative points?
Do we get a reprimand?
Does your account go 'poof' into a cloud of smoke?

SectorOne

Re: Rep power

I wouldn´t worry too much about it, it´s only there because it makes no sense and should absolutely not be used to determine something about the person with it.
It´s a completely useless system but is there for sh*ts and giggles basically.

I´ve seen guys with -19 that are still posting so i would assume a pep talk is the highest form of punishment unless you really break the rules.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Steven
Owner

A very negative rating will get yourself on the mod approval list, so no more posting without a moderator having read your posts first.

Just so you know...

coaster

How do you check the downvote? It's anonymous and does not give indication of reason, almost like bullying.
I notice that the posters who have high ratings literally live day and night for forums, could you make a light version of this website without the headache tedium. A machinists or mechanics version, and then a scholars version. Diploma types and average joe blue collar are two different intellects, kinda like going to the local library, some are studying for uni and some are just bumming around on google.

CBeck113

Hi coaster, you answered your own question - this is a forum for technical discussions, and not for simple fans. That has nothing to do with "Diploma types and average joe blue collar", but simply the basis of the forum: to discuss formula 1, as well as motorsport & automotive technology, with some off topic banter.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

hollus

In many cases the reason seems to be self-explanatory:
coaster wrote:has anybody read all 182 pages? gawd,,,,
coaster wrote:I dont spend alot of time all reading this trash, but it usually boils down to a manhood measurement contest of who's best and the subsequent locking of the thread.
coaster wrote:No, you all have it wrong, it is a smelling device designed to detect BS, something F1 has become so fond of lately!
Rivals, not enemies.

Steven
Owner

coaster wrote:How do you check the downvote? It's anonymous and does not give indication of reason, almost like bullying.
I notice that the posters who have high ratings literally live day and night for forums, could you make a light version of this website without the headache tedium. A machinists or mechanics version, and then a scholars version. Diploma types and average joe blue collar are two different intellects, kinda like going to the local library, some are studying for uni and some are just bumming around on google.
First of all, the moderators and me can see who make the votes, so rather than anonymous, they are actually private. It's a well known part of the system and needed to prevent misuse and abuse. Fortunately, we have found that people that end up with negative ratings quickly or often not suffering from voting abuse, but rather their talent to annoy established users. I'm not sure if that is good news for you, but clearly you have stroked some hairs the wrong way, or are not familiar yet with how this forum works.

CBeck113 summed it up nicely. Stay away from the fanboy comments, and stick to the facts. As you may have noticed, driver discussions are allowed, but if a threads ends up in being a contest on who can shout loudest his favourite is the best, it'll get locked quickly.