F1 Economics

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Apex
Apex

F1 Economics

I was wondering why Renault was considering to pull out of F1. They claim that financially it hurts, sure it costs a lot of money. But how can ‘privateer’ or non motor manufacturer teams such as Williams and McLaren make ends meet? Is it impossible for Renault to find large sponsors?

To me it seems that if a team is run properly it should make money, not lose it. Look at the Pegasus facilities built – I don’t think Ron himself is paying the bond!
Dont dream it, do it.

Principessa

Renault will only continue in F1 as long as it it good for the company. Last year they sold more cars...so it was good for business! And I don't think that they must complain.
Their success in F1 gives them back a very good name and they sell a lot of f1 merchandise too! Me myself am one of those buyers!! :P

Scuderia_Russ

Privateers are in F1 because it is their business and livelihood. For manufacturers selling cars is their business and F1 is a marketing tool which is an investment when they are winning and an expense if they are losing.

taleed

I just want to say that Renault, Ferrari, and Mclaren merchandise are the
stuff i go for. I love the shirts they make and the logos on them.
When i wear it, i feel like i'm part of the team itself. That's the
cool part.

My dad went on a buisness trip to Italy and came back with
alot of Ferrari stuff like shoes, shirts, caps, and even a limited edition of
michael schumacher as a doll. and he has his signature on it. No lie...
...i swear. It's still not opened cause it's so valuable!!!
and that was 4years ago!!!

Anyone find anything interesting that they bought or whatever??