Can't vote on some posts

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
i70q7m7ghw

Can't vote on some posts

I noticed today that the voting options for certain posts aren't available:-

I haven't voted on that post, so it's not because I've already cast a vote. Lots of posts are now displaying like this, but others are fine... :wtf:

Blanchimont

Re: Can't vote on some posts

Same for me. Has the topic been locked in the past and there still are some restrictions kept?
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Phil

Silly question, but could it be you are looking at a post by yourself? You can't vote on those, unfortunately.... :twisted:

PS: If you checked or didn't, I'm just half joking. :wink:
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

turbof1

I'll pass it on to Steven if there any issues. We can disable voting for particular topics. If all posts in the same topic are unable to be voted, it simply means voting has been disabled.

Judging from the screenshot that is not the case though.
#AeroFrodo

strad

you don't say what topic or thread. It6's been disabled in the race and team threads I believe.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

BanMeToo

I thought you couldn't vote on posts of a certain age.

Ciro Pabón

strad wrote:you don't say what topic or thread...
This one: Double Points @ Final Race

You cannot vote in any posts before the one by Richard, at the middle of the page. You can vote on any post after that one.

Perhaps BanMeToo is right: posts you cannot vote in that page have more than 6 months of posted, if I'm not mistaken.
Ciro

Steven
Owner

Indeed Ciro, old posts cannot be voted on anymore.
This was a change done early this year I believe, upon request of several members in the rating system thread.

jknights

As a newbie here I have looked but I cant find the rules regarding the Up/Down voting of posts.

Please could we have some guidance via a Sticky or a few sentences in the post
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=5009

Apologies if this is covered already but I cant find it.

Thanks.