Registration wrinkle

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
TAG

Registration wrinkle

Weird first post I guess but it is F1 Technical so... when I registered my spam filter question was about a Belgian driver scoring no WDC points. According various internet sources he's listed as being French. I had to try three times to put in a valid name. That's some serious spam filtering right there. :?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Steven
Owner

Re: Registration wrinkle

Well, to be entirely correct, he drove under the Belgian flag, because he had a Belgian super license for 3 years.
The guy is a special case, as he's got a French passport and was born in Luxemburg.

PS: Spam is a nightmare and a huge waste of time every single day.

Ciro Pabón

TAG wrote:... That's some serious spam filtering right there. :?
OMG, welcome TAG.

Thanks for the laugh, that's an epic post.

I wouldn't have been able to post, I have no idea who this guy was.

I thought that except Jacky Ickx no Belgian drivers have ever scored points. :wink:

(well, you have Boutsen, who is good, I vaguely remember that guy Bianchi when I was like two years old and then Gachot, yes. Gendebian was in Ferrari when dinosaurs roamed the earth and I remember the sad story of Mairese, which moved me so much when I was a kid, but c'mon: the future is in the De Groot family hands).

Thanks heaven the spam filter doesn't ask questions about Belgian beer, I've heard there are like one million types... :D

Next spam question: "gueuze or goose"?
Ciro

Steven
Owner

Ciro Pabón wrote:I thought that except Jacky Ickx no Belgian drivers have ever scored points. :wink:
Actually, that's the point. He didn't score any points that year :D
Anyway, to refresh your memory, he drove for Jordan, got jailed for driving drunk and was replaced by a certain Michael Schumacher. Never got back in F1.

In any case, I'll change the question in the next few days. Suggestions?

TAG

Steven wrote:
Ciro Pabón wrote:I thought that except Jacky Ickx no Belgian drivers have ever scored points. :wink:
Actually, that's the point. He didn't score any points that year :D
Anyway, to refresh your memory, he drove for Jordan, got jailed for driving drunk and was replaced by a certain Michael Schumacher. Never got back in F1.

In any case, I'll change the question in the next few days. Suggestions?
Meh... now that I'm "in" it doesn't really matter, let em suffer like I did. :wink:
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत