Bad Toyota

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
acer

Bad Toyota

Toyota finish out of the top ten in Bahrain. What luck will they have in Malaysia? :roll:
You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood. - Ayrton Senna

m3_lover

I read somwhere, that the team president Tsutomu Tomita wants a "inquest" into what happened at the race. They seemed to have some very good pace in winter testing, but whoa, nothing like that in Bahrain.
Last edited by m3_lover on 13 Mar 2006, 05:35, edited 1 time in total.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

acer

yupe....Toyota is totally out of pace...Kimi easily pass the 2 Toyota's which Schuey's brother and Trulli....one embarresing car
You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood. - Ayrton Senna

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

For a team with such a huge budget, and with what seeemed decent preparation, they completely fell flat on their faces.
Their whole team operation for the weekend was one huge cluster f--k.

m3_lover

Gunnie Highway=Heartbreak ridge
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Ciro Pabón

Toyota has the muscle. Actually, it is the muscle car company, in an F-1 era dominated by them.

They lack drivers.
Ciro

Ciwai
Ciwai

Its become quite obvious that their lack of pace in winter testing was due to sandbagging, and that they're continuing to sandbag for the races. We may never know their true pace.

manchild
manchild

I'm not aerdynamicist but Toyota TF 106 aero looks worse than on any other car. Toyota is squary with pile of added aero bits, with squary sidepods and inimaginative extension of engine cover (compared to other teams). Looks as Mike is afraid to make some serious changes and he is still fine tuning TF104. Really shamefull for team with such budget.

Both Jarno and Ralf have been winning races in cars that have not won WCC so driver quality is out of the quastion. Ralf messes up oftenly but in a good car he can win.
Last edited by manchild on 13 Mar 2006, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.

Sawtooth-spike

Yeah somebody once said to me that the more wings you see on the car the worse the Aero. they are trying to make up for a bad design, They need to Do what williams did and start again.

The Drivers are Fine Trulli Is a good driver and Ralf Can be (if he wakes up on the right side of the bed)
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

acer

This is the worst car on the grid, I can't believe it....2nd and 4th in 2005 and 14th 15th in 2006 :oops: Mike should get that car upgraded or Toyota is going to lose to STR :lol:

vyselegend

Ciwai wrote:Its become quite obvious that their lack of pace in winter testing was due to sandbagging, and that they're continuing to sandbag for the races. We may never know their true pace.
What's the point in sandbagging in races? :shock: It's a championship! even if you're in bad shape you try at least to focus and try for P8. points are the most important thing through a championship. I don't belive they were so surprised to be that slow. As it has been said before, the current TF106 is probably just a test car. The question his how the first team to test its 2006 package (and supposedly the richest team of the field) could accumulate such retards on their developpment program...? I agree with manchild about the poor looking of the aero package, and I wonder if they could have been deceived by wind tunnel data so much that they prefered to simply focus all their programm relying only on "real track" data studying on a simple basis (cubic forms, no raffinment). sorry if this hypothesis sound stupid, I actually have no knowlege at all about aero work...

zac510
zac510

Sawtooth-spike wrote:Yeah somebody once said to me that the more wings you see on the car the worse the Aero. they are trying to make up for a bad design,
I think that in the past that statement was true, when the only aerodynamic components a car had were wings, drag and a diffuser. but as our knowledge of aerodynamics becomes more and more refined, new principles have arisen such as vortices, radiator gills/chimneys, barge boards, etc.

The parts like those on the Toyota begin to perform their own independent functions and are not to simply supplement the front and rear wings.

These parts are the future of vehicle aerodynamics especially when starting with a basic high drag shape like an open wheel vehicle.

Sawtooth-spike

true, But Come on Next to every other car on the grid, the toyota has alot more wings all over it, and they themself say they have a grip problem.
They need to do something and fast, none of the aeros work together.

To be perfectly honest how can u constantly evolve a design, when you change the size of engine and change To bridgestone over the winter?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Sawtooth-spike wrote:Yeah somebody once said to me that the more wings you see on the car the worse the Aero. they are trying to make up for a bad design
Let's compare aircraft wings. In almost all new, modern wing, they are clean from fences and vortex generators, and other add ons. For instance the F-15 wing is pure and clean.
Just like aircraft wings, you want to maximinize lift( or downforce) against drag. You can easily crank in a huge wing angle, and get tons of downforce, but at the expense of drag. Every little addition, be it a chimney, or strake, or winglet, is another source of drag. They may add downforce and clean up the airflow, but they add drag. A hypothetically aero perfect car would have just a front wing, chassis, sidepods, and rear wing. maybe it's achievable, or maybe the rules are now so convoulted that things like chineys and bargeboards, and turn vanes are necessary.
But Toyota sure has got it wrong, their performance was pathetic compared to the time and money spent on that car.
And they are not sandbagging, they just can't get the speed others posess.

DR_K13

Sawtooth-spike wrote:true, But Come on Next to every other car on the grid, the toyota has alot more wings all over it, and they themself say they have a grip problem.
They need to do something and fast, none of the aeros work together.

To be perfectly honest how can u constantly evolve a design, when you change the size of engine and change To bridgestone over the winter?

good point, the bridgestones have a way different profile. But still, with the amount of $ toyota throws at F1, you would think they would be atleast in the points.
lol internets