Order of performance of cars in 2006 F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

Order of performance of cars in 2006 F1

we can order the cars in performance , reliability , aero package....overall
1.renaults == ferrari
3.bar honda
4.mclaren mercedes
5.williams
6.bmw sauber == redbull
7.str

kkobayash

its too difficult to say after just the one race i think, also so many variables in that race aswel (i suppose as with any race tho)

but neways, heres my opinion

1. Renault
Ferrari
3. Mclaren
Honda
5. Williams
6. RBR
7. BMW
8. STR
9. Toyota
10. Midland
11. SA

but still very vague, many teams' cars had problems, i.e kimi's suspension, rubens 3rd gear, fisi's fuel problem or wateverit was...

williams really surprised me, they could be in top 4. im really scared wat they can do this season, especially with that new cosworth of theirs. plus they were one of only a 2 or 3 teams which ddnt have ne mechanical problems i think.

in that respect, i belive that any of the top 4 teams has equal chance to win certain gp's, mayb williams will also be able to win gp aswel.

however, have to take into account ferrari did hell of a lot of testing here before the race, compared to honda's 3-4 days and the other teams nil. so this doesn't give good indication of their true speed.

also, i don't expect toyota to be so low after a few more gp's. they will definitely pick hemselves up i think.

anyways thats my opinion, cant wait till sepang and european races to see true performance of cars.

wat do you guys think?

oligator220482
oligator220482

I think it is hard to say who has a better car between Renault, Ferrari, Honda and McLaren. It is difficult to compare, because you don't know what is due to the driver, what to the car un general, and what is due to punctual problems (like JB's problem on start)
Before the race, I was sure that Massa will make a mistake, that Kimi will have a problem and that a Renault will win. I was right in this 3 points.
But I hoped that GF will be better than FA, and I didn't suspect that Ferrari are back (I though they have pole because of few fuel).
I'm waiting for Kuala Lumpur with a 66% Renault podium!
To finish I think, that Nico and Williams will surprise this season!
Renault the BEST !!!

vas

1. Renaults
2. Ferrari
3. Mclaren
4. Honda
5. Williams
6. RBR
7. BMW
8. STR
9. Toyota
10. Midland
11. Super Aguri

Sorry I forgot Mclaren!!!!!!!! :roll:
Last edited by vas on 14 Mar 2006, 10:21, edited 2 times in total.

oligator220482
oligator220482

vas wrote:1. Renaults
2. Ferrari
3. Honda
4. Williams
5. RBR
7. BMW
8. STR
9. Toyota
10. Midland
11. Super Aguri
Mclaren is P6?

OK you have edited
Last edited by oligator220482 on 14 Mar 2006, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.
Renault the BEST !!!

johny

i think mclaren showed a very good pace for me the best one, renault and ferrari behind them, also williams was to good

vas

oligator220482 wrote:
vas wrote:1. Renaults
2. Ferrari
3. Honda
4. Williams
5. RBR
7. BMW
8. STR
9. Toyota
10. Midland
11. Super Aguri
Mclaren is P6?
A mistake. I edited. It is third actually. But I feel Renault is far superior. They came with heavy fuel load for the quali and before the firts pit stop where close enough with Ferrai who is on a lighter(atleast 4 laps lee fuel load) fuel load. Unless Ferari improves you willl see a "Renault wash" in the few early races!

oligator220482
oligator220482

johny wrote:i think mclaren showed a very good pace for me the best one, renault and ferrari behind them, also williams was to good
After Malaysia it will be possible to say more, but finally Honda, McLaren and Renault had problems with reliability... (RB gearbox, JB start, KR suspension, JPM engine, GF engine, GF hydaulic). So we must wait to compare cars when there will be less problems...
Renault the BEST !!!

Tom

Hang on, most of you have RBR lower than Ferrari, but they are the same engine and now the cooling problems are solved they should have the same reliability.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

kkobayash

Tom Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:32 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hang on, most of you have RBR lower than Ferrari, but they are the same engine and now the cooling problems are solved they should have the same reliability.

but they dont have same aero as ferrari. we're not just talking reliability, overall package otherwise wouldn't SA be up wit honda?? :shock:

jezzwa

Ferrari and RBR have different keels don't forget
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I rate Renault as number one. They are quite reliable (at least, Alonso's), and show great pace at all times. I rate Ferrari and Mclaren tied for second. Both quality cars but still not up to the standard of Renault. Then I have Honda and Williams tied next. Honda has good pace, but they can't keep it up all race. And Williams, especially in the hands of Rosberg, show incredible pace. If they can iron out their minor problems and go balls out, we may see a Williams win soon.
And Toyota? I really expected more from them, but apparently something is very wrong with that car and team.

axle
axle

Toyota have dropped the ball big time. $500m developing and running the team and they wind up over a lap behind. Something doesn't add up and I would expect that heads will roll if things don't improve very very quickly!

I would expect Mike G to be sweating about his future after all he's got no excuses anymore. Makes you realise that his success with Renault wasn't down to the individual but the team behind him. A good team will make any manager look great.

And it's got to be the chassis, as we all know Toyota can build engines....they arn't new to V8's with all they're Indy racing and Tundra truck racing experience in the US. There isn't a formula (that they've entered) other than F1 that Toyota haven't won in.

Then again...they will insist on using that washed up 1/2 a Schumacher...get a new kid in with some balls!

Effort of the closed season has to go to Williams...not factory backed...new chassis, tyres and engine. First race and the fastest lap of the race to their Rookie. Just show's you can't always buy success.
- Axle

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Toyota will eventually get back up the hill, you can't throw that much money at a project without eventually progressing. But Ralf is weird. When he's motivated, he's a very good driver. He does have a lot of ability and talent. Trouble is, you can never be sure what mood he is in each race weekend. Not like most racers, they are there every race, giving 100%. But I have heard that Ralf is very good at giving engineers feedback, he is one of the very best at that. I think he would probably be a very good test driver than a competitor. But his present salary pretty much forces Toyota to give him a race seat.

axle
axle

DaveKillens wrote:Toyota will eventually get back up the hill, you can't throw that much money at a project without eventually progressing. But Ralf is weird. When he's motivated, he's a very good driver. He does have a lot of ability and talent. Trouble is, you can never be sure what mood he is in each race weekend. Not like most racers, they are there every race, giving 100%. But I have heard that Ralf is very good at giving engineers feedback, he is one of the very best at that. I think he would probably be a very good test driver than a competitor. But his present salary pretty much forces Toyota to give him a race seat.
Totally agree...it's a shame though as I think there are better racers out there than him. He's had too many big crashes now, I think he's lost his edge (to go all "Top Gun" on everyone ;) :p )
- Axle