Order of performance of cars in 2006 F1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wowf1
wowf1

Just a quick point to axle, Toyota never won at Le Mans (after another substantial budget! Are we noticing a trend here...) Mazda can claim to be the only Japanese company to win at Le Mans, with the 787B.

axle
axle

wowf1 wrote:Just a quick point to axle, Toyota never won at Le Mans (after another substantial budget! Are we noticing a trend here...) Mazda can claim to be the only Japanese company to win at Le Mans, with the 787B.
Ah true, indeed...but by god were they the class of the field until the car failed.

That LeMans car deserved a longer life...bl00dy rules! ;)
- Axle

JimmyK
JimmyK

Ferrari and RBR have different keels don't forget
Really? I though I read that they were both running v-keels.

bhall
bhall

JimmyK wrote:Really? I though I read that they were both running v-keels.
RBR is running a type of v-keel (though not the same as Renault), while Ferrari is still using a single keel solution.

At any rate, I see the order of performance like this:

1A. Renault
1B. Ferrari
3. Honda
4. McLaren (Were it not for Mercedes, they could easily be #1)
5. Williams (It's good they're back)
6. RBR
7. BMW Sauber
8. STR (I'm convinved they're sandbagging so FIA won't further restrict their V10s)
9. Toyota (Man, they suuuuuck)
10. Midland
11. Super Aguri (Why not wait for 2007?)

jaslfc
jaslfc

i think the real indicator is when the teams go back to europe.. then we will see which team is on top.. currently there is nothing between the top 3(mclaren, renault and ferrari) i am still unsure about honda...

acer

bhallg2k wrote:

1A. Renault
1B. Ferrari
3. Honda
4. McLaren (Were it not for Mercedes, they could easily be #1)
5. Williams (It's good they're back)
6. RBR
7. BMW Sauber
8. STR (I'm convinved they're sandbagging so FIA won't further restrict their V10s)
9. Toyota (Man, they suuuuuck)
10. Midland
11. Super Aguri (Why not wait for 2007?)

Why Suzuki has to wait?....If Suzuki has to wait...as well as BMW then :roll:
You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood. - Ayrton Senna

bhall
bhall

acer wrote:Why Suzuki has to wait?....If Suzuki has to wait...as well as BMW then :roll:
BMW isn't using a chassis from 2002. That's why.

acer

What's the point then?
You will never know the feeling of a driver when winning a race. The helmet hides feelings that cannot be understood. - Ayrton Senna

Sawtooth-spike

acer wrote:What's the point then?
:roll:
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

vyselegend

Sawtooth-spike wrote:
acer wrote:What's the point then?
:roll:
:mrgreen:

come on acer! SA is using a modified 2002 arrows chassis that they've built in 2 month, while BMW is starting on a relativly solid basis (Sauber). There is no precedent in F1 history of a car built in such a rush. And obviously it totally lacks the pace to perform anything this year, that's why everyone agree they should have a test year before...

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Well, after Malaysia it appears Renault are the class of the field. They appear to have all the bases covered. With the exception of Fisi's engine blow up in Dubai, those cars run and run. They definitely have pace, everyone else have to put in their best laps just to keep up with the Renaults.
We all know that McLarens have more pace in them, but they just aren't getting it out there in the race. Software, I don't know.
Ferrari seem third, with BAR a very close second. Button has almost everything working right, apart from slow out laps and poor pitting strategy.
Williams are right there too, but having both engines hand grenade in their second race doesn't look good from a reliability standpoint. And the BMW cars are starting to show respectability.

joseff

Only Rosberg's engine blew up. He seems to be paying the price for those hot laps in Bahrain. Webber retired due to hydraulic failure.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I stand corrected.
But hey, it's nice to see Williams and Cosworth so competitive. This is what racing is all about. You go balls out, and if you break something, fix it and go on.

tetopelis
tetopelis

hmmm..though i'm a mclaren fan here is my take of the top team standings
1) Renault
2) Ferrari = Honda
3) Mclaren
i guess the only factor playing here is out of the 4 mclaren has the weaker engine. but if i were to grade it with the engine component factored out
1) Mclaren
2) Renault
3) Ferrari
4) Honda
honestly i feel mclaren has the best car package if the engine is ommited. i was comparing all the cars during races and it looks the most comfortable going through its paces corner and all. just lovely
and one interesting point to note. of all the teams(and i don't think its just the top teams), mclaren is the only team so far to have had both its engine still intact in and in good condition after 2 races. the did not change thier engines. and here we were so worried about thier reliability...:P..but blast klien for knocking kimi out..i wonder how much better of a job he would have done with his position compared to monty. some how i feel much better..;)
" If you want to win, get a Finn" - Hakkinen

taleed

Hey....from my point of view:
Renault (they have the whole package)
Ferrari (Cause they seem really determined this year),
Mclaren......
...(but what's going on with Kimi??)
...the rest, they fall in whatever place you want : )
L8er.